PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Auto trans failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Default Auto trans failure

I've just had my trans go. It started to make a real whine today and slip into and out of gears, even when the car is in neutral it has a real whine.. If I stop the car for a few minutes and start it, then it's fine for about 2 minutes, then it comes back. It won't hold gears and eventually just looses all forward drive. The fluid was a little low- bottom of the cross hatches when hot, so I have filled it up.. But doesn't appear to have helped..

Has anyone has this, or have any ideas?? .. Off course I am just out of warantee too!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:48 PM

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. This will allow me to get a better understanding of when your warranty expired. I may also be able to set up a case for you with customer assistance. Please contact me privately with more information. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GMCustomerService
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. This will allow me to get a better understanding of when your warranty expired. I may also be able to set up a case for you with customer assistance. Please contact me privately with more information. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
ozHummer , don't give her any information or even another thought! She is here to "HEARD" people into dealerships and then the dealership will charge you for "diagnostic time". Heck, if you want to go to a dealership you can find one on your own without giving out any of your information to some 3rd party cattle rustler who does who knows what withyour information!

ozHummer; Please check your coolant. YES, I said coolant!
If it is a brownish color then you have a leak between the trans portion of the radiator and the engine coolant portion! Many, many people have had this happen and it's not a cheap fix. Search the forum for the threads on here. If I had the time I would do it for ya.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 PM

Thanks Tainter.. The dealership has since totally replaced the tranny as they admitted tat I had told them about the issue when the car was in warantee.. Interesting you mention the coolant - I will check to see if there has been a leak between them..

Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Glad to help ya! Good to see the dealership step up and take some responsibility!