PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AT'S OR MUD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Default AT'S OR MUD

I'm having a tough decission choosing between going with an AT or a Mud tire. I have a 40-50 mile round trip commute to work on highway everyday and have never run a mud tire before. I don't do much playing in the mud but do like the look. I'm planning on going with either a 285 or a 305, the 315mightbe allitle to much on my MPG's. Also Pro Comp is is running there buy 3 get 1 free until the end of the this month again. Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks again all.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Default RE: AT'S OR MUD

always nice to have that littel bit of extra traction if you need it.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 PM

Mulling over the same thing here. Isn,t there a Dueler A/T thathas a step up in tread over the one that comes stock?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM

GreenH I know this topic has been beaten into the ground, and I have read everyone numerous times but still having trouble making the decission.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 PM

i will recomend you the AT, i wanted to instal to my h3 the nitto mud grapplers beatiful tires, but when i went and ask for them they told me for what are you going to use it. and i told them mostly highway so they said my we dont recomend you the mud, since when it is raining they dont have any grip and they become very slippery, so i decided better for the nitto terra grappler excellent tires, best offroad tires purshased ever.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Personally I like the Toyo Open Country 315/75/16.....

Or the Mickey Thompson - 35" MTZ Baja Radial

But definately go AT over just a Mudder = more flexability

Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 PM

i like the nitto terra grappleralso
it looks like the toyo open country a/tare good too

Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM

They lied to you about the no grip in the rain. I'm running them and they perform perfectly in the rain. With that said, they were probably doing you a favor by steering you away from them.Don't get me wrong, I really like the Mud Grappler but its not the best tire for a long commute.They look really cool and when it comes time for new tires I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding on whether to go back with them or go to a A/T like the Terra Grappler.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 AM

buying an aftermarket AT instead of a MT is like wiping before you poop....don't make no sence!!! They come with at's...if thats what you want to run then why spend cash on basically the same tire? Going to a 35 will drop your mileage MAYBE 1-2 mpg...but will increase your cool factor by 200% If you don't want to go with an aggressive MT then go with the new NITTO DUNE GRAPPLER......AMAZING TIRE!!!!!!! They call it an AT but is a sick tread and scored well in all the magazine reviews done by JP and Off road mags. here's a pic:

Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 AM

FUNKY thread pattern .. I'd be real curious to see how those do on winter roads .. I'd be ... a little worried based on the pic alone!

Quick Reply: AT'S OR MUD