PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone thinking about an Alpha Cortex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Default Anyone thinking about an Alpha Cortex?

Here is a great deal I found, free next day shipping and a $50 rebate, and one of the lowest prices I have found also.

Superchips Cortex Tuner - Super Chips Chevy GMC P# 2950 | eBay

After buying the roof mounted off road lightbar this morning, today ended up being a really expensive day.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:11 AM

Just for kicks I checked it out. There's a drop down box for vehicle compatibility. When I plugged in '08 Hummer H3 Alpha it said NOT COMPATIBLE. I saw the chart below it that says it IS compatible. Some conflicting information going on here.

Last edited by Broken Halo; 07-23-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Just for kicks I checked it out. There's a drop down box for vehicle compatibility. When I plugged in '08 Hummer H3 Alpha it said NOT COMPATIBLE. I saw the chart below it that says it IS compatible. Some conflicting information going on here.
If you go to the Superchips site it cleary states the 2950 is for the H3 Alpha, I even sent an email to Superchips to be sure and was told the # 2950 was the one I would need. I never trust those dropdowns on eBay, always do your homework first. Here's the link.

Superchips - Store

Old 07-23-2011, 06:55 PM

I can confirm from my personal exp. that the Superchips Cortex 2950 IS compatible with an 08 HUMMER H3 Alpha.

I would wait until the Superchips VIVID is available for us. VIVID GM Gas - Street Legal: 528650

That is all.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I can confirm from my personal exp. that the Superchips Cortex 2950 IS compatible with an 08 HUMMER H3 Alpha.

I would wait until the Superchips VIVID is available for us. VIVID GM Gas - Street Legal: 528650

That is all.
Yeah I saw that after I ordered, it's probably gonna be in the $500 range I bet.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM

I got the Superchips Flashpaq after talking to them, for my 08 Alpha. They said it would have the same pre-programmed selections as the Cortex. If I remember correctly the Cortex extra feature was it would work on diesels. There was some other small difference but I fergit. Seems like with the online upgrade the Flashpaq shared many of the same things as the Cortex.
I run the tow mode most all the time running regular but if towing hard in the mountains fill up with mid grade.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hunner
I got the Superchips Flashpaq after talking to them, for my 08 Alpha. They said it would have the same pre-programmed selections as the Cortex. If I remember correctly the Cortex extra feature was it would work on diesels. There was some other small difference but I fergit. Seems like with the online upgrade the Flashpaq shared many of the same things as the Cortex.
I run the tow mode most all the time running regular but if towing hard in the mountains fill up with mid grade.
Correct! The only real difference between the Cortex and Flashpaq is the ability to "tune" more than 1 GM deisel or gas vehicle @ $99 per extra vehicle.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:26 PM

Just came in the mail today, filled up the tank and installed the 91 Performance Tune, holy f@$%!^& s#!t ....what a difference, just ordered the Magnaflow cat-back last night and should hopefully be here by the weekend, can't wait to see what that adds to it. Anybody else running the Magnaflow cat-back on an Alpha, how loud is it with the resonator or without, cause I was thinking about deleting it when I install it, but don't want to get a headache everytime I drive somewhere.

Last edited by AlphaTitus; 07-26-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaTitus
Just came in the mail today, filled up the tank and installed the 91 Performance Tune, holy f@$%!^& s#!t ....what a difference, .
YEP, for better milage and still decent "added power" the 87 performance tune is what I run every day. When wheeling I run the "Heavy Load Towing". Low end grunt is great!

If you get into the features you can also monitor 4 different engine/trans functions. I watch the CAI temp, trans temp, throttle position and another I can't think of right now.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:15 AM

I have the Gibson cat back on my Alpha and resonator off and no headache
just a nice low growl !

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about an Alpha Cortex?