PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

anyone run these??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 58Bisc
This is the problem with doing searches... We bring threads back from the dead... What is the correct ettique? Revive the old thread and hear from everybody that these are old threads and the people who wrote them are gone or start a new thread and hear from everybody that we need to do searches...

Does not sound like he (Skeeter) ever got an answer, but I just ordered 5 of these (General Grabber Red Letter) in 315/75/16 to install on my stock rims. Since it is the holidays, I'm guessing it will take a week or so for the tires to arrive. Then I'll need to get them installed. I'll post some picture when they are mounted, just in case anyone was interested in seeing what they look like.
6 months or so is no biggy, even close to a year is fine if it is a long thread with lots of comments. Please just don't un-earth 1, 2, 3 and four year old fossils. For sure do not dig up a vintage thread (for example) and ask a certain member (say Fred Flintstone) and ask Fred a question when it is obvious Fred has not logged on for over a year. Instead, forget regurgitating Fred's post and PM Fred instead. When Fred never responds you will know why and you didn't muck up board space. Forum members come and go, most have rapid turn over.

If you searched and found an older thread, feel free to start a new one and link the old one to explain why it may be relevant and how it did not answer your particular question, or how your information is related and may be helpful to others.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Looks good! One step closer to being ready for Rausch Creek!
The next step would ditching the nerfs

Tires look great, although I'm not a fan of lettering on a tire, the red lettering is different.

You need to straighten out your spare. Get the black bar horizontal. The lettering will look better too.

Like this:

Name:  100_2329-1-1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  114.8 KB

Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Thrilled with the results! Thinking hard about that 1 inch body lift now. Very slight rub with wheels at full turn.
Looks good man!

Where are the wheels rubbing at full turn?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Spare has a story... When the installer was looking the truck over he said "hey, your missing one of your valve stem caps! That's not good as they have O rings in them to keep water out." then he goes on to do four of the rims including the spare. He took his time to get the lettering lined up for me and was quite proud of how good a job he had done. Well he gets to the last rim, the one that was missing the cap and sure enough the center was rotted. As soon as he touched the vaulve pin it started leaking. "your going to need a new TPM sir" was the next thing I heard. He did not have a replacement and only had rubber valve stems. Long story short, that perfectly lined up spare in now on the truck and the rim with the rubber valve is now my spare til I can order a new TPM... The best laid plans of mice and men...

Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Sorry, I missed the question on the next post. I took a close look today, raining and cold, so not really that close ; ^), but it appears to be the mud flaps. They are ridged and attached to the flairs and when I turn the wheels it is very close. If I hit a bump while the wheels are turned (backing into my driveway) I hear the rub for a quick second. I think I'll be out there trimming them, before I tear one off.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Looks good! Only thing left is to get rid of the nerfs

Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM

Can't get rid of them, even if I wanted to. Wife & daughter are tiny, plus older parent can't get in without them. It will only be worse if I do the body lift. If I ever take it off road I guess I could remove them. I'm guessing I need to remove the flairs to go off road also, although I think the lift would help that part.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 PM

Can't get rid of them, even if I wanted to. Wife & daughter are tiny, plus older parent can't get in without them.

That post makes me laugh because I used to say that same thing.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...e7/#post231413

Now the wife and kids jump up in! We take my parents car or they follow if we go out to dinner these days.

You should make it to RC with the guys sometime, it's a good time!

Old 01-14-2012, 01:00 PM

You have any pictures of your CE hood decal?

Old 01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Default Championship Edition decal

I looked into both the factory one and the eBay unit, very little difference. The eBay one has an 1/8 extra material to install under the hood grill. The factory one has a little over hang, but also has extended tabs. Big difference is price, that is if you can find a factory decal. I went with the eBay decal. The next issue is if you have had the hood grill recall, it would be very hard to remove the grill to install either of them. In my case, I was hood grill number three globally to blow off on the road. One of the reasons for the recall. My hood grill is glued down with what looks like windshield adhesive (black, thick) and has a small gasket down the back of it. This was a problem. There was no way to get the decal under the grill. I paid a "professional" to install it because I did not want to screw it up. It should be trimmed and butted up against the grill. This "professional" free hand cut it on my hood and left a gap. I was pissed and I know I could have done a much better job. I ended up masking off the very small gap and running a little black gasket maker/sealer down the seam. I used my finger to give a nice small slope and then removed the masking tape. It worked perfect and no one would ever know. It looks like it was part of the recall gasket.

I'll see if I can get a close up for you next time I go out.

Last edited by 58Bisc; 01-14-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: anyone run these??