PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone Members of a Hummer Club?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Default Anyone Members of a Hummer Club?

I am in SouthEast Missouri (Poplar Bluff) and wonderin if there is any Hummer Clubs to join in or around my area(within 200 miles)?
Also have anyone joined the Offical Hummer Club? I am dying to take my hummer off road, But don't wont to sctrach it all up with limbs and bush's that line the 4x4 roads here close to home.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Anyone Members of a Hummer Club?

i don't know what the national Hummer Club is good for, other than a group focused on the H1. i got nothing from being a member, since they don't do anything on the west coast. you could try asking your dealer about local owners groups, they should at least be aware of them, even if they don't support them.

as for trail pinstripes, if you're worried about getting them, offroading may not be for you. the H3 has the advantage of being able to fit on Jeep trails, so you should see fewer than an H1 or H2. the reality is that if you're going to go offroad, you're going to get a few dings here and there. going with an experienced group will help minimize any damage, but it can't prevent it.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 PM

trail pinstripes
that has got to be the best term for it I have ever heard...I'm gonna use that one the next time my wife bitches at me for those "long white scratches"....they ain't scratches honey.....there trail pinstriping....

Old 07-14-2006, 02:26 PM

i can't take credit for making it up, but the pinstripes on the bus help blend in the big "keystroke" some jacka$$ gave it 4 days after i bought it. i think they add character, and as long as they don't go to metal, i leave 'em alone.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:48 PM

Semo try this some are close to you.

http://humvee.net/links/recs.html#clu

Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Thanks Guys The Link to the Web site was great Hummerguy. I gueses the moral of the story is if you are going to play you are going to pay.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:11 PM

look around I have about 8 Hummer sites. This is the best and most populated but Flashoffroad rules for tech stuff. Short on H3 but you can learn how to as the little truck ages.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:22 AM

I wrapped mine with Xpel, the clear bra stuff. Once it gets all scratched up, I just peel it off and have it re-applied. It wasn't cheap, but since it cost me $250 to get the light scratches buffed out the first time, and deep ones will cost way more to fix, I figure it was worth it.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:29 AM

i spent less than $250 for the buffer i bought when i rebuilt my ghia, and it's about $20 a bottle for the compound. of course, i'd have to wash the bus regularly to care about buffing out the scratches. worked quite well on the wife's camry though, after a little "mishap" my daughter had in it . . . .[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 07-15-2006, 12:45 AM

I live in an apartment where washing is taboo, let alone buffing, and besides, I didn't just get the scratches buffed out, I got a full detail. I had to pay $50 extra for all of the work (3 passes) to remove all of the scratches. The fenders are plastic, and if you have ever buffed that, you know you can burn the paint off before a scratch disappears. The deeper ones that go past the first layer of paint, or down to the primer or deeper will cost more then that just to fix the one scratch. I have a gouge in the Xpel on one side from a branch that hit the side while going through a narrow spot. If that was bare paint, I'd have a permenate stripe. Besides, mine is leased, so I need to try to keep it looking nice, but I bought it for wheeling.

Quick Reply: Anyone Members of a Hummer Club?