PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone install a electric fan yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 PM

Installed 2 sets of the flex a lite 282s in our h2 limos and makes A BIG difference.
Temps stay under 200 in vegas heat,they run alot better and seem to get better performance as well "The limos do weigh 14k"
Ill have pics up later,Doing some A/C conversions for our climate and also doing some other Mods to deal with temps and heavy duty issues that come up with these limos in vegas

Old 06-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm about ready to make this leap also... There is a guy on eBay selling kits. I've sent him and endless list of questions and so far he has answered all of them quickly with NO SALES pitch....

just facts and comparisons...

Old 12-31-2011, 02:36 AM
Default Re: electirc fan mod

I am actually in the process of installing a dual fan with custom shourd mod for the H2. I spoke to a custom fabrication shop out in southern California and they are building one for me to fit snuggly on the radiator for optimum performance. I will post pictures and more information as soon as I start.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:18 PM

I know this is an ancient thread but am having serious heat issues since I bought my new trailer, Its about 3,000 lbs heavier that my old one and am having to really keep the throttle down to keep engine temp at midway point. My intercooler is mounted right in front of the radiator so I have a few options like moving the intercooler to the hood and installing a scoop, bigger radiator or fans. I opted to go with the least expensive route first and go with this kit FFD HUMMER H2 EXTREME ELECTRONIC TWIN COOLING FAN KIT = GET MORE HP & MORE MPG ! | eBay

I will be getting it in a few days and I'll post if there is any noticable improvement in heat/gas mileage or horsepower.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM

You can throw all the air you want at that stock radiator, but its only going to cool to a certain point. I'm skeptical you will notice any difference w the electric fans. I think your money would be best spent installing a Ron Davis aluminum radiator. His radiators have amazing cooling efficiency.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM

I just received it. I'll let you know if it makes a difference when I get it installed.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
You can throw all the air you want at that stock radiator, but its only going to cool to a certain point. I'm skeptical you will notice any difference w the electric fans. I think your money would be best spent installing a Ron Davis aluminum radiator. His radiators have amazing cooling efficiency.

Your absolutely correct sir. I installed it yesterday. I do notice a very slight hp increase because of the stock fan drag, but no cooling increase at all. I took it to my mechanic after its trial run to make sure I didn't screw anything up and he said basically the same thing u did. I ran up to my trailer and pulled it up a few inclines and still have the same results.

Ugh, so ron davis? I was looking at a becool radiatior on www.summitracing.com website. I'll keep u guys updated when I finally get around to shelling out some more cash.

I'm wondering if I might be having this as a result of fuel pump issue. My stock one went bad a little while ago and my second inline pump actually allowed me to drive it to the mechanics. although it was whining badly, I replaced both of them just in case, however since I had the inline replaced it whines occasionally when it gets hot. The old one didn't do that. Its a walbro 194? i think. Im wondering if maybe my fuel pressure is not what it used to be and am having heat issues related to lower fuel pressure. I'm gonna take it back in and have it checked. If fuel is not the issue I'll buy a new hi-performance radiator for my xmas present.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Dude---even if the electric fan compares the same in cooling compared to the water pump mounted one, I'd still love the electric. I really hate the roar of that thing when the truck is cold, or even worse, when I was chugging up the massively steep hill to the campground on the other side of the mountain in Utah. I'd be more tempted to go with it if we still lived in the mountains--but out here in the flatlands of Florida dragging a trailer is almost a non-event compared to the mountains. I haven't needed to worry about running hot like I did going thru the mountains--that just sucked.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 AM

Well he's going to have the best of both soon. Electric Fans and Aluminum Radiator

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/H2-...M-RADIATOR.jpg

Old 09-09-2012, 10:19 AM

thanks for the link, I'm gonna have to drag my feet alittle on this purchase though. I shot my wad for the month on this and some stuff for the new trailer. I don't know if this link will come up but heres a photo of the new trailer. https://www.facebook.com/joshua.coro...type=3&theater

I had to remove the external tire carrier again. it hits the trailer tongue jack.

Quick Reply: Anyone install a electric fan yet?