PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone install a bug shield?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Default Anyone install a bug shield?

I brought our H3 into the glass shop today to have a stone chip in the front windshield repaired. One of the techs there said the H3 is very prone to stone chips like mine and said a bug shield (deflector) is very effective at cutting down on these chips. Has anyone installed one of these? Where did you get it and are you saisfied with it?
I hate to ruin the looks of the truck by installing one of these but if they work, maybe I will.
TIA for any help.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM

I just did a search, which is what I should have done in the first place, and noticed some threads on this topic. Most replies, however, are pretty old...maybe there's something new available.
Thanks again for any help.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:30 PM

I installed an EGR bugshield on my 2008 a couple of weeks ago. It has not been warm enough for too many bugs yet. I did notice chips on my windshield today. I don't know if they were there before the bug shield install or not. With a flat windshield, bugs and chips are just a fact of life. I figure the bug shield can't hurt but I don't know how much it will help either. They are pretty cheap and don't detract from the look so I went ahead and installed one.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 1Z78F91A0399198338
I brought our H3 into the glass shop today to have a stone chip in the front windshield repaired. One of the techs there said the H3 is very prone to stone chips like mine and said a bug shield (deflector) is very effective at cutting down on these chips. Has anyone installed one of these? Where did you get it and are you saisfied with it?
I hate to ruin the looks of the truck by installing one of these but if they work, maybe I will.
TIA for any help.
Yes I have one on my 2007 H3 and I am very happy with it
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-BS~391311...utm_medium=ppc
I purchased an EGR shield online and it only comes in smoke color.
This was OK for awhile because I have a black grille. However I have now painted it to match my body color and it blends in real well and no longer stands out.
It has eliminated most bugs and debris, but the stones are another matter
Isn't it strange how rock dings only occur right in front of the driver and in your view

Last edited by wfturner; 03-11-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by vger105
TIA for any help.
Here is the painted EGR bug shield.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone install a bug shield?-bug-shield.jpg