PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone heard of H2 start up problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Default Anyone heard of H2 start up problem?

Hi Guys,
I found a very interesting '06 lux H2 for sale.
It's got only 2k miles but the owner told me it fails to start sometimes.
He took to the dealer and they didn't know what was wrong. Simply charged the battery.
After being garage kept for a couple months and the problem occurs again. Well I understand that battery could be the culprit if it sits there for months without running, but could it be something else? Anyone know of such a problem with 06 H2? Is it easy to fix?

What's more fishy is that the asking price of this lux plus nav is 31k which is even below kbb trade in value. Is it too good to be true or the startup problem is probably more than just the battery?

It's a good deal I don't wanna miss but only..only if it's not lemon..
Oh and..I suppose the warranty would be transferred to the 2nd owner, me, too, right?

Any opinions? Thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Anyone heard of H2 start up problem?

aany warranty left?? If so then jump on it and take it to the dealer to fix if there is any issues, it costs you nothing other then time and you get a smokin deal!!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Also question about transaction, this H2 has Maryland title but car is in NY. He will only transfer the title in 60-90 days! Does this deal look real? I dont remember when was the last time I bought another used car, but as I could remember we went to a notary at my bank together, I paid him the money and I immediately got the car, and the next day, I, not the seller, went to DMV to get a new title under my name. hmm. Am I having a trust issue with ppl or?
Here's the bill of sale he emailed me
"
The seller, xxxx, agrees to deliver this Bill of Sale and copy of the Maryland title
in person upon the sale, transfer and delivery of the vehicle to the Buyer in person or at the address
specified herein, within ten (60) business days, but no later than ninety days (90) business days
upon confirmation of receipt of payment in the full amount agreed (Selling Price) to allow the bank
substantial time to clear the buyer's check and make the funds available to the seller. The seller will
as soon as practical, submit a notice of change of ownership, bill of sale, and title with the new
owners name and contact information to the Maryland motor vehicle administration (MVA)."

Old 04-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

If he owns it free and clear the title should be signed over immediately. If he still has lien on it then it may take them 3-4 weeks to get it out to you. That should be bank to bank unless you are paying cash. Smells a little fishy. I would have him meet me at AAA or the bank so you make sure the paperwork is done right. The starting issue could be a lot of things but most aren't major. ( after market accessories are common culprits ) I would tell him that you will pay with a certified bank draft and there should be no wait. You can do that at your bank.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 AM

Smells FISHY???

Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Smells FISHY???
Quite possible... and I've never had any problem with mine starting.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM

It may be a scam after all. After I offered to give him cash bills for immediate transaction, I haven't heard from him since. He may have just sold it but well, rule of thumb, if it sounds too good to be true...............it probably IS.
Still trying to figure out exactly how he's gonna rip me off though. He takes the money and then disappear? It can be pretty easy to track back to the seller with the plate number and VIN. Besides, I know his name ( if it was true of course) and phone number.

I want to believe.....