PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Default Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?

I bought a set of Putco inchannel vent visors and can not get these to install correctly. In the pics you see a little channel that extends inward in the front of the visor, the white arrow in the first pic shows the extension, the red arrow shows where the window hits it as you put the window up.
In the second pic the black arrow shows how the outside window trim sticks out if you push the visor out enough for the window to clear the extension. WTF???
3rd pic shows another angle of the window trim with the window up. It sticks out 3/4".

Attached Thumbnails Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?-1.jpg   Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?-2.jpg   Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?-4.jpg  
Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 AM

Your problem can be summed up in one word..PUTCO..Send them back..buy a set of WeatherTech..Problem solved. I have WTech on my H3, King Ranch, and R/T Durango..NO PROBLEMS !!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:11 PM

thanks bro--Putco tech told me to put them on and leave them for 24 hours and the weatherstripping will conform--BS

Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 PM

I have the putco ones they work fine, in the beginning they touch quite a bit but you are suppose to close the window and leave closed for atleast 24-48 hours for the adhesive tape to really take and for weather stripping to form to the plastic. I am going to go outside and have a look at mine and see if yours is positioned any differently.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM

I just went outside and looked at mine the front part of visor doesnt actually go into the window channel it goes between the the weather stripping and the window "felt" I guess you would call it.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 PM

I installed mine about a week ago. Scary putting them on. I knew they were going to snap, but didn't. I felt the same when I put the weathertech version on another vehicle. Side note, I lost a weathertech while driving down the road once. They helped out by selling me a replacement at full price.
Anyway, my Putco's do not and did not look like that. Mine seem to be just fine and fit better than I expected.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
I have the putco ones they work fine, in the beginning they touch quite a bit but you are suppose to close the window and leave closed for atleast 24-48 hours for the adhesive tape to really take and for weather stripping to form to the plastic. I am going to go outside and have a look at mine and see if yours is positioned any differently.
going on your word Tony--put them back on and will give it 48 hours and see--thanks

Old 05-22-2010, 03:22 PM

Here is how my visor looks and you can see sorta how the visor is in between window weather stripping and the door trim. Also that its not pushing out the door trim like it is in your photo.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:12 PM

I put them back on and pushed the outside trim under the lower edge like yours--I guess I had a moment of utter ignorance--thanks for the help bro

Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 AM

No problem, dont worry it was not ignorance, even though the product is good the instructions they give with them are crap.

Quick Reply: Anyone had problems with inchannel vent visors?