PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone else have this issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Default Anyone else have this issue?

So for the past little while now, for the first about 10 mins of driving my truck I get a BRUTAL squeeling sound when I make right hand turns....wasn't too bad before, but seems to be getting worse...but then once she is warm, it doesn't really do it...anyone else have this??

Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Default RE: Anyone else have this issue?

Hmm ... is it at full lock? Could be rubbing of the tire(s) ... or potentially something more serious. If you're still under warranty I'd definitely have a dealer look it over!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Naw...no warranty...and since it's an american made truck, I get my ***** busted everytime I go to my dealer...but I think it'll be time. Naw, it used to be full lock, but not anymore...there is a mark where it was rubbing before, but now it does it with the slightest turn...I was trying to avoid the dealership, but alas, I know that's where I'm gonna end up...thanks brother!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 AM

Does anyone else have any input on this one!? Common guys, chime in here ... I too am curious now ... Only time I've ever heard anything make noices like that was my in old Monte Carlo .. Power steering pump didn't like the empty fluid resorvoir, LOL! I assume you checked this as well Bronx? Is it rotational squeeling or does it happen when you are standing still and cutting the wheel?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Only while driving and only when turing right...I checked the power steering fluid a little while ago, but not since it got worse...this might be the most bone head move ever now that I think about it....but keep replying incase it's something else! :P

Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 PM

LOL! It should make noise while at a stand still too though ... if it's the pump/lack of fluid I mean ... only on the right side ... wtf kind of weird azz issues are you bringing up here doode ... stop it .. lol!

Have you tried turning the wheel to full lock standing still and then slowly starting to roll? Does it sound like whatever noise it's producing is related to the rotation of the wheel/tire? Does it increase with speed or is it constant once it begins?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Does is squeel when you move or when you stop, or both? It could be the CV joint if it's when you are moving.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:23 PM

That's what my last set of questions were trying to establish ... it's the only other thing I can think of.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:08 PM

when was the last time you had a lube? and was it done at the dealer? if it was your CV joint, i think you'd hear it all the time and probably feel it too. you may want to grease the fittings for your idler arm, as well as the tie rod ends and ball joints. there are 2 grease nipples (hehe, nipples . . . .) on the steering connecting rod, one at the idler arm, and one by the pitman arm, plus one at each end where the tie rod connects to the connectingrod and one where it connects to the wheel. you've also got lower ball joint grease fittings. get a grease gun, some good synthetic bearing grease, and shoot those fittings. you'll need to take off the skid plate to get to the fittings on the idler and pitman arms, but don't be lazy and just grease the easy ones, do them all. could also be your steering stabilizer shock, but that doesn't have a grease nipple (hehe)

Old 08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

My money is on the right outer bearing.... when it is still cold it is spinning the race... and when it warms up... it stops... but I could be wrong... hard to tell when you can't hear the sound.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this issue?