PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

anyone else get stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Talking Could be the tires!

My H3 has always been great offroad . . . until I replaced the tires or got into a super soupy hole. The H3 is really light and tires that don't "self-clean" gum up too easily.

However, I love my H3 with 106,000 miles on it and am looking to improve the performance, but it does have some limitations.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM

It happened to me again today. We got about 6" of really wet snow and she got stuck spinning on some ice up the hill to my house (I am running stock tires btw). I probably could have made it, but decided to lock it and it went right up no problem.

Meanwhile my neighbor's Prius, another's Dodge Caravan and Volvo all got stuck...whoops!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 PM

'' When in doubt Lock it out "!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned
Default im stuck,,,in my back yard

ill try to dig out tomorrow, 6-8 inches and im dead,,slip and slide down SLIGHT slope.
i was on level ground but it sloped slightly on my left side, it started going, i tried to back down and turn to lower level. now im 50 feet off drive near brush and trees,,a mess.

from now i follow MY OWN advice, dont mess in snow, it just really is not good at all in snow, and im not buying a set of tires for every weather change!!

a little disappointed in the big red machine
tom

Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
ill try to dig out tomorrow, 6-8 inches and im dead,,slip and slide down SLIGHT slope.
i was on level ground but it sloped slightly on my left side, it started going, i tried to back down and turn to lower level. now im 50 feet off drive near brush and trees,,a mess.

from now i follow MY OWN advice, dont mess in snow, it just really is not good at all in snow, and im not buying a set of tires for every weather change!!

a little disappointed in the big red machine
tom
The stock tires do suck, but swap um for the Hankook Dynapros or Nitto Terra Grapplers and go to town on that snow. last weeks blizzard was a blast to drive in and off road during the worst of it, I had no problems what so ever !

Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Banned
Default just dont get off the pavement!

im fine on the road going to town,,also in my pontiac mini or my old probe but the hummer is dead in the yard and when i get dug out ill be very careful,stay on the driveway!!
tom,,,stuck

i really dont want to spend+/- $900 just to drive around the yard!! im pissed

next day,,i dug,dug,dug
now stuck closer to trees, done till spring!! f,,it
tom, pontiac is all i got!

Last edited by drtom; 02-17-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by White08H3
It happened to me again today. We got about 6" of really wet snow and she got stuck spinning on some ice up the hill to my house (I am running stock tires btw). I probably could have made it, but decided to lock it and it went right up no problem.

Meanwhile my neighbor's Prius, another's Dodge Caravan and Volvo all got stuck...whoops!
I have driven my 08 Lux with stock 265 tires in 18" of snow no problems. I do find that HI Lock makes a noticeable difference. For those of you getting stuck in 6-8 inches need to have you trucks checked. You may have a malfunction.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM

I agree with RKSmith, I was having a blast in 1'+ snow all while in High lock !

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM

We got a huge dump of smaller dry snow up here in late November, huge drifts everywhere. I didn't have any issues with my H3T, I could easily pound through 24" of snow... although I have the off-road package with 33's.

Since then I have gone to Toyo MT's on 35's... good tires make such a huge difference.

All the problems mentioned on here are traction issues, not off-road capability. Get yourself a set of front and rear V-chains and you can go literally anywhere.

Another tip... try airing down to about 20psi; it yeilds amazing traction even with stock tires in deep snow.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-17-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM

I completely forgot about the thought of airing down. I will have to keep that in mind if things got real bad...

Not to offend anyone of course, but a lot of issues can be caused by driver errors as well...

Quick Reply: anyone else get stuck?