PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

anyone do this if so pics please

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Default anyone do this if so pics please

did anyone buy these smoked rear tail lights? if so did you like them and do you have any pics

http://cgi.ebay.ca/05-07-HUMMER-H3-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Default RE: anyone do this if so pics please

Why would anyone want to add a piece of equipment that hampers a piece of safety equipment? Same goes for smoked headlight covers. How about a "cool-looking" device that makes your seatbelts come apart in the event of a crash?

They are reallly good at helping you get rear-ended by another vehicle, though.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Feez68

Why would anyone want to add a piece of equipment that hampers a piece of safety equipment? Same goes for smoked headlight covers. How about a "cool-looking" device that makes your seatbelts come apart in the event of a crash?

did you come over from the toyota forum????

Old 09-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

As a much cheaper and easily reversible alternative, has any body bought one of the smoke out tail light kits??? Post pics and let us know. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMOKE...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks

Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: azz7772

No sir, never been on the Toyota forums. I'm not sure why you would ask that. FYI: I am the proud new owner of a black Alpha w/Off-Road package.

You asked for opinions about a product and I gave you mine. I'm sorry ifI offended you.

Things like headlights and taillights are on a vehicle to help you avoid a crash. If you put smoked out covers over some of your exterior lights, they will make them harder to see by other drivers. If someone can't tell your brakelights are on, i.e. when you are braking, then they are more likely to crash into your rear end. A big price to pay just to "look cool". Plus they probably violate local traffic ordinances in most jurisdictions.

I'm all for mods and add-ons that look cool, just not at the cost of safety. I put a black grill and black brush guard on my black Alpha because they "look cool" to me. But they don't interfere with the headlights, or any other safety features.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Might as well SETTLE IN for this!!Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 26
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 AM

I'd stick with the stock tail light IMO. To each his own.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: azz7772

No sir, never been on the Toyota forums. I'm not sure why you would ask that. FYI: I am the proud new owner of a black Alpha w/Off-Road package.

You asked for opinions about a product and I gave you mine. I'm sorry ifI offended you.

Things like headlights and taillights are on a vehicle to help you avoid a crash. If you put smoked out covers over some of your exterior lights, they will make them harder to see by other drivers. If someone can't tell your brakelights are on, i.e. when you are braking, then they are more likely to crash into your rear end. A big price to pay just to "look cool". Plus they probably violate local traffic ordinances in most jurisdictions.

I'm all for mods and add-ons that look cool, just not at the cost of safety. I put a black grill and black brush guard on my black Alpha because they "look cool" to me. But they don't interfere with the headlights, or any other safety features.

I fully agree.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:48 AM

As opposed to the smoked covers - I like the guards, especially for offroading...

My postadds nothing to the forum but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: beachman

As opposed to the smoked covers - I like the guards, especially for offroading...

My postadds nothing to the forum but I thought I'd throw it out there...
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 23
Size:  1.8 KB

Quick Reply: anyone do this if so pics please