PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

any updated Duratrac reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Default any updated Duratrac reviews?

Has any one been running Goodyear Duratracs on H3 for a while and can give an updated reviw?

tire noise?
life?
road wander?
size?
performance?
etc...?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by scuba namena
Has any one been running Goodyear Duratracs on H3 for a while and can give an updated reviw?

tire noise?
life?
road wander?
size?
performance?
etc...?
We upgraded from the factory 265 Wranglers to the 285 DuraTracs on our levelled, '06 Lux at about 70k miles. Looks awesome! At this point, we have about 3k miles on the DuraTracs.

tire noise? Actually quieter than our worn out Wranglers but noisier than when the Wranglers were new. The DuraTracs do have a nice sound though.

life? Too early to tell but I like the DuraTracs so I'll rotate them every oil change.

road wander? No wander but the truck did have that "driving on snowtires feel" for the first 1k miles. They've settled in nicely now.

size? 285

performance? Lost a little acceleration, noticable from about 50 mph and up

etc...? Our truck is Lux with 73k miles so new shocks are needed especially with the heavier Duratracs in the larger size. Rear axle stutter is noticable over potholes on the highway. At this point I'm still undecided between upgraded factory adventure shocks meant for the 285 size, Bilstein HD, or Bilstein 5000 series.

Still haven't taken the tires off-road yet so no feedback there yet.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 AM

I could type it all again but it would be the exact same post as NJTEX, only an 07 Lux with 25k miles so we have no issues with shocks yet. I completely agree with everything he said, and will only add that the tires were the best thing going at the beach, only had to drop down to 20psi (vs the 15psi on a lesser tire) and next spun a single tire for a week of driving in sand. I didn't think I would find a tire I loved as much as the GY MTR, but I believe I have, all the benifits and even better looks, just way less noise.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:04 AM

great review , thanks!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Me likey!

Attached Thumbnails any updated Duratrac reviews?-goodyearduratrachummerh3-copymed.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM

hummer guy, i saw your write up on the tires on that test h3. did you do a follow up article about how they have been holding up?
mileage?
noise?
still good?
still "likey"? (lol)

Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM

I put mine on last week. 315 75 R16. Love them so far! I have heard people say they are quieter than BFG AT's which is not true. They are louder but nothing even to worry about at all. They look amazing and feel great on road. I looked at a number of different tire options but I am very happy I went with these. I think they will be a great compromise for an MT that does well in snow and wet conditions.

Attached Thumbnails any updated Duratrac reviews?-img_0345.jpg  
Old 09-28-2009, 02:35 PM

New to the Hummer H3 world, where can you get the all black rims? Cost?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jasonmb
New to the Hummer H3 world, where can you get the all black rims? Cost?
On mine they where an option when I bought my truck. They are the wheels form the base model. The spoke style like on Hummer Guys truck are from the tactical edition or what most guys are doing is getting the stock wheels powder coated black.

Last edited by largemouthbass; 09-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM

You guys see any gas mileage decrease when you went up in size from 265 to 285's?

Quick Reply: any updated Duratrac reviews?