PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Any good stock picks out there??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Default Any good stock picks out there??

I just opened a TDAmeritrade account, with a little play money in it, just to see how I could do.

My first purchase was ****!!!! I bought 1500 shares of a company called Petel, which just introduced broadband pR0n to the UK this week. I bought it on Tuesday at .21 a share, at one point Thursday it was up to about .45 a share, and at the end of the week it settled at .36 a share.
They came out with a memo for the service saying that their 1st week useage FAR exceeded expected use, and that they should come out well ahead of projections for the 1st month.

Anyone else have any good penny stocks to share???

Old 05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Any good stock picks out there??

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would nowbe worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank allthe beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, youwould have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavilyand recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would nowbe worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank allthe beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, youwould have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavilyand recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.
So true

Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: RedRocker

I just opened a TDAmeritrade account, with a little play money in it, just to see how I could do.

My first purchase was ****!!!! I bought 1500 shares of a company called Petel, which just introduced broadband pR0n to the UK this week. I bought it on Tuesday at .21 a share, at one point Thursday it was up to about .45 a share, and at the end of the week it settled at .36 a share.
They came out with a memo for the service saying that their 1st week useage FAR exceeded expected use, and that they should come out well ahead of projections for the 1st month.

I heard of another guy who bought some stock in a **** company, but they went ****-up!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

I heard of another guy who bought some stock in a **** company, but they went ****-up!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:05 AM
JM

Penny stocks is a dangerous game for beginners.
concentrate on mid caps, spend 2 hours a days reading analysts comments, and don't forget the golden rule ' as soon as you reach 30% profit cash in'.Do not buy shares having a PER above 20.
and most of all BE LUCKY.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: JM

Penny stocks is a dangerous game for beginners.
concentrate on mid caps, spend 2 hours a days reading analysts comments, and don't forget the golden rule ' as soon as you reach 30% profit cash in'.Do not buy shares having a PER above 20.
and most of all BE LUCKY.
This is FUNNY....I can use the EXACT same quote in TWO DIFFERENT THREADS!!

"I'd pay head to what JM says....after all, he drives a FERRARI!!!"

Old 05-20-2007, 06:05 PM

Natural Resources is an excellent investment. I put a sizeable chunk into it and my returns are awesome.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 AM

I guess buy OIL COMPANIES STOCKS!!!