PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Any Bikers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Default RE: Any Bikers?

Name:  IMG_0381.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  153.9 KB

My scoot, un fortunately i gotta sell it, so if you know anyone who wants it

Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 AM

i got a 05 cbr 600rr, only pix i have of "chase the cbr" i'll see if i can update the pix later today after i get it out of the shop, getting some parts on her...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2824/25B4678C65C642E0813CEB5CF7395906.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats CRX!!

I personally don't like the newer CBR's. When I drove the '5 RR, the seat was just too damn high for me. I felt like I had to bend over way too much to ride that thing. I liked my older '93 that I modded to hell, but unfortunately had to sell it to get my house [:@] I miss that bike. I stripped most of the ferrings off of it and modified them to be an open-air bike. I guess that's why I was able to sell it for so much.

Anyway, I love the looks of the newer RR's, just not the ride. Nice bike though

Old 08-22-2007, 11:09 AM

i know what you mean, the seat is hard and it does sit at a highangle, i'm 6' tall and i'm still on tip toes, go figure...so you built yourself astreet fighter eh? nice, i was considering that on my bike cuz i damaged the ferring and the strator in some unexpected gravel on the highway, but i'm just too lazy withunfinished projects to start another.got any pics of your cbr??

Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

That's exactly what I did, and I'm 6' as well. I didn't do the two beedy-eyed headlight setup, but everything else. AND, like you, it was because I ate some dirt and mud going through a turn, and also had to replace the stator cover. Most of the ferrings were cracked, and the entire front end was at a 45 degree angle looking toward the side of the road. Luckily there was no drivetrain damage, but I broke my ankle. I spent 6 weeks rebuilding the bike, but could only be out in my garage 2 hours at a time or it would swell. It happened a week after I graduated college. I was so pissed. I thought that was going to be my summer and it sure was lol.

Anyway, I had a two brothers exhaust pipe and manifold, a racing ignition system, and some Pilot Sport tires, along with a K&N filter and some racing spark plugs and cables. I had to order a couple of used body parts on eBay, but I sanded them down and used Krylon Fusion to paint the entire bike Black. I had that Black with silver and red stripes body style originally. I also had a compartment under the seat that was a replacement that stretched all the way to the battery compartment and could hold insane ammounts of stuff. I replaced all the lights with clear lights, and took the turn signals off the back and replaced the brake light with a dual setup which doubled as blinkers.

Man, I'm having flashbacks now lol. That was just 3 years ago too. My friend bought a '05 RR and he didn't know how to ride, so he bought a NEW one as a starter bike even though I told him 100 times not to. I had to drive that thing home and it wasn't the best experience since I wasn't used to a bike with EFI and that high up. It handles corners REALLY nice though.

Did you ever think about getting the fastback or are you going to keep it as a two-seater?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM

I used to own a 03' Suzuki Hayabusa and it was so fast. I got in a bad accident and basicly broke every bone in my body and the bike was totaled. It was really fun though and I'mthinking about getting another one.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM

broken ankle on summer vacation? that sucks, atleast we were able to walk away as most don't...

chase is in the shop getting asteering damper, lube job, and sliders... lola lil too late for the sliders, but i guess for future protection...

as for the fastback,i like having it a two seater helps with the gas when i take my girl out, instead of my gas guzzler.. $10 is alot better than $80 at the pump... not to mention easier tofind parking. days i ride to work i'll occasionally throw my rear cowl on tho..

Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

I always wanted to get the steering damper, but on the older CBR's it was kinda pointless considering how heavy the front fork was. You really didn't need it as now you do.

As for the Busa, who DOESN'T crash that thing? I think anybody that lives through a Busa crash is pretty damn lucky. I like the bike, but I hate the lack of cornering abilities. I know it's made for speed, but you see alot of people struggling to make turns around here in Chicago. That's definitely not a bike to have unless you live where there's not alot of traffic.

I wanted to get a Star Warrior but now that the new Harley V-Rod came out, which is essentially a copy of it, I'm thinking twice. I miss my sportbike big time, but when I moved to a cruiser, I loved it. IT's so much more relaxing on a cruiser then a crotch rocket, but then you miss that acceleration and exilleration of a sport bike. I had both, and like I said, got rid of both to buy my house. I wanted to get another one next spring, but I'm still not sure yet. My wife keeps bugging me to get one, but doesn't know if she'll go on it. Her sister almost died and was like Gorilla, pretty much broke everything. She was dead on the scene until they recessitated her. This happened about a year before I met my wife, so she's still anti-bike but knows that I'm a good rider.

I told her sometimes there is oil on the turns and you just have to accept there is a chance you will go down. That's what happened to me. Thank god I had my racing gear on. The ONLY thing I forgot to wear were my boots, and that's why I broke my ankle.

I thought about maybe getting a used R1 or even a Aprilia, but all of the Aprilia's around here are always beat to hell by the time they trade them in.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 PM

What aobut the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 I heard they handle great and they are fast too.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM

Just got one about a month ago..2002 Honda Goldwing...won't be doing to much riding this year..but next yearHope to get out a lot.

Quick Reply: Any Bikers?