PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Another reason to drive a Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Default Another reason to drive a Hummer

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...n190040S78.DTL

FROM SF CHRONICLE

Car crash kills man believed to be using laptop while driving
Monday, February 26, 2007
(02-26) 19:00 PST Yuba City, Calif. (AP) --
A man who authorities say appeared to be driving while using his laptop computer died Monday when his vehicle crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with a Hummer.
After the crash, California Highway Patrol officers found the victim's computer still running and plugged into the cigarette lighter of his 1991 Honda Accord.
The 28-year-old victim was a computer tutor in Chico. The Sutter County Coroner's Office was withholding his identity until his family could be notified.
"The screen itself shattered from the impact, so we can't be sure if he was working on it or not, but we think from the way it was found that he might have been working," CHP spokesman Sgt. John Pettigrew said. "It's a straight road right there, and it doesn't look like he fell asleep or anything else."
The couple inside the Hummer escaped the 8:30 a.m. collision with bumps and bruises, Pettigrew said.
The crash, near the intersection of highways 99 and 113 about 30 miles north of the state capital, totaled both vehicles. It closed a section of Highway 99 south of Yuba City for about two hours.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Default RE: Another reason to drive a Hummer

What an IDIOT!!! Cellphones are BAD ENOUGH!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 AM

I saw a woman actually reading a magazine the other day while I was on the highway. Being up in the H3, I could see down easily into her car. I had to do a double take, but sure enough.....she was flipping through what looked like a "People" or other celebrity type magazine. 3 second glance at the magazine, look up, scan the road for 1 second and back to the magazine.

Needless to say, I sped up to get the hell away from her. That should be a 5 year license suspension!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 AM

i seen people reading news papers

and throwing out shovels[:@]

Old 02-27-2007, 12:38 PM

i use my laptop alot while driving and eating a big mac, while drinking a coke, applying my eye liner, talking on the phone and changing the radio station. that accident was not far from me, glad i wasn't there - damn distracted drivers . . . . . [8D]

Old 02-27-2007, 01:52 PM

It's really too bad that people actually DIE over common sense practices like this. Guess he won't do that again!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 PM

Coming from CA, I'm surprised the report didn't blame the fatalityon the 'innocent' party thatdrovethe Hummer. Yesterday, I passed a driver in aToyota text messaging on a Blackberry.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: finskeeper

Coming from CA, I'm surprised the report didn't blame the fatalityon the 'innocent' party thatdrovethe Hummer. Yesterday, I passed a driver in aToyota text messaging on a Blackberry.
especially coming from the SF newspaper. but, this was in Yuba City, and you don't get much more redneck than that in CA, unless you're in Shingletown. . . . . [8D]

Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i use my laptop alot while driving and eating a big mac, while drinking a coke, applying my eye liner, talking on the phone and changing the radio station. that accident was not far from me, glad i wasn't there - damn distracted drivers . . . . . [8D]
Is there something you aren't telling us, Mr. Shortbus?

Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

ORIGINAL: shortbus

Is there something you aren't telling us, Mr. Shortbus?
Dennis might know?

Name:  tiara-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  5.0 KB

Quick Reply: Another reason to drive a Hummer