PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

and another problem! seriously!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 PM
NFS

Holy **** guys! so the throttle body was NASTY! i used the whole bottle to clean it, but the car runs way smoother and rpm doesn't bounce for now. i didn't drive it much, just around the house and it was good. i am gonna put the oem mass back after i clean it. and i also got that purge valve and i will install it soon. i will keep you guys updated if check engine or anything went back. you guys are amazing, thank you a lot for all the awesome help! you will hear from me regardless if its good or not. so hang tight

Attached Thumbnails and another problem! seriously!!-img_4252.jpg   and another problem! seriously!!-img_4253.jpg  
Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 PM
NFS

so none of u guys using that jet performance Mass air flow sensor?
that sucks if its causing all this problems! some people say it make the ride smoother. is it true?

Old 06-18-2016, 09:52 AM
rsc

No performance chips, tuning the PCM does a better job. The dirt on the throttle body had nothing to do with the chip.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:53 AM
NFS

I know it doesn't have to do with the throttle
Body but does the jetperformance mas sensor misses up the system? And does it really
Give performance or no?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:43 PM
NFS

Hey guys so I cleaned the throttle
Body, put back the oem maf sensor and cleaned it as well. Change the purge valve and so far no check engine light or Stabalize system light. I will drive it for few days and see if something came up

Old 07-04-2016, 12:52 AM

I had this issue and got a new mass air flow sensor and still had the issue and my traction stability error came on the dash when i put the old mass air flow sensor back on the traction stability error went away....so I had gotten a bad mass air flow sensor, took it back to advanced auto and went to O'Reilly Auto Parts and got a new one fixed all the issues with bad idol......Why the MAS has anything to do with the traction stability is anyone's guess..

Old 07-04-2016, 06:18 PM

Maf sensor or any engine drivability problem causes the stability system to be disabled due to the fact stabilitrac system uses engine management to reduce engine torque to the wheels when requested. If the ecm detects engine problems disables system to protect the engine

Old 07-05-2016, 09:01 AM

My wife's H3 is having similar issues. Service traction control and stabilitrak message, rough idle, now the A/C blower won't turn on, wipers won't shut off, the 4wd indicator lights don't light up now and when you turn off the vehicle it won't release the key from the ignition or shift out of park? Any ideas in that one? It's literally stuck in the garage undriveable.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by machinistdad75
My wife's H3 is having similar issues. Service traction control and stabilitrak message, rough idle, now the A/C blower won't turn on, wipers won't shut off, the 4wd indicator lights don't light up now and when you turn off the vehicle it won't release the key from the ignition or shift out of park? Any ideas in that one? It's literally stuck in the garage undriveable.
Your H3 has a sunroof doesn't it? When your BCM gets wet from clogged sunroof drains, they cause all kinds of crazy electrical symptoms.

1) Do the fix for clogged sunroof drains.
2) Get rid of the OEM battery terminal connectors and replace with a quality aftermarket set.

Let the BCM dry and see if it gets back to normal.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
I know it doesn't have to do with the throttle
Body but does the jetperformance mas sensor misses up the system? And does it really
Give performance or no?
A Jet MAF is not on my list of H3 mods, waste of $$, the PCM tune does everything that the Jet Maf promises and a whole bunch more. It is like an ebay chip, just tricks your PCM into thinking your intake air is cooler and denser allowing the PCM to enrich the fuel trim which can make some power, but it also shifts heat to the cooling system in hot whether because it is false info being fed into the mix. Get a PCM tune and rely on actual real info.