PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

and another problem! seriously!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:13 PM
NFS
Angry and another problem! seriously!!

2007 hummer H3 with around 96000 miles on it

I dont know why i am having such a bad luck with hummer, i have it for only a month and been driving me crazy

so the water leak is all fixed and good to go, and the error code P0171 went away after i put some fuel system cleaner, (hope it doesn't come back)

now the other problem

i started the car, the RPM was fluctuating and bouncing for a bit then a msg poped and says the system traction /stabalization failed with the traction logo on the dash board!

any ideas what might cause this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks

Old 06-17-2016, 07:32 AM
rsc

Have you cleaned your throttle body lately? How is the condition of your battery and terminals?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:36 AM
NFS

Battery and terminal are
Good,
Throttle body not sure,ill check it in my day off and if it's dirty then I'll clean it! Any other possibility what might cause this?

Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 AM

Do you still have the stock battery terminals?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

If you do no know when the last Throttle Body Cleaning occurred you are due. There are threads here on how to go about it, make sure to use only TB cleaner. Best way is to just remove it and spray it, wipe off the crud with a rag, reinstall.

That would be what I would do first.

Fuel system cleaner is good to drain your wallet, doesn't do much else, but it makes some people feel like they did something.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 PM
NFS

Ok sir I will do that first and the check engine came back on and today when I started the car and the air conditioning it the rpm bounces a little hen that Stabalize system is error again u think that all can be caused from he throttle?

Old 06-17-2016, 05:48 PM

Throttle codes can cause those lights due to engine control module will disable traction control and abs when engine is not running correctly. Also misfires can cause same thing. Scan it and see what codes are setting now.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:12 PM
NFS

Ok so I went back to auto zone and they came up with p0102 and p0171 and for the 0171 I bought the purge valve but as for the maf sensor it's only like 20 days old! So it's like new but it's jetperformance sensor. I tried putting fuel cleaner and ran 93 for a bit and the check engine light gone but then came back again with those codes

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Old 06-17-2016, 07:28 PM

Originally you did not have the p0102 correct? Make sure you have all intake plenum clamps tight. PCV hose under intake plenum at rear, make sure that is connected properly. Aftermarket air filter? Both codes relate to too much air not enough fuel. Very likely you have air getting into intake downstream of the maf sensor, loose clamps, vacuum leak from intake or cracked/damaged vacuum lines. disconnected pcv or vacuum lines. Could also be bad maf sensor. I never use aftermarket maf sensors due to this problem. I fix gm vehicles all day and see many problems with them

Old 06-17-2016, 07:42 PM
NFS

I'll clean the throttle body and check the intake and also I will
Put the factory mas sensor back and on my day off I will replace the surge and see what happen

Quick Reply: and another problem! seriously!!