PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AMSOIL Ea Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Default AMSOIL Ea Air Filters

Has anyone tried these AMSOIL Ea Air Filters.On the AMSOIL website, they talked about the US M1 Abrams battle tank,and that it uses this kind of air filtration technology for the engine.If its in the worlds best tank it must be dam good.Mabey Doc can make high flow intake kit for the M1.On the Amsoil site it does not show any filters for the hummer lineup,but the same engine,and filter system is used in gm,chev,and canyon pickups,so I guess it should fit alright mabey.If anyone has any input on these filters please post.I might ask my buddy who owns a peformance store if he can cross referance a gmc serria 5.3 liter amsoil filter for my 08 Alpha to see if they are the same and try one out.The price for a Amsoil EA air filter is 47.00 on their website.I will post more info on this when I find out more.

Attached Thumbnails AMSOIL Ea Air Filters-eaa_filters_260px.jpg   AMSOIL Ea Air Filters-comparisson_dia.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 06:50 PM

AMSOIL Ea Air Filters represent a major breakthrough in filtration technology. The revolutionary nanofiber technology used in AMSOIL Ea Filters captures more dirt, holds more dirt and allows better air flow than conventional air filters. AMSOIL Ea Filters improve engine performance and help engines last longer.

Cleanable - Longer Life
When cleaned according to AMSOIL specifications and used in normal service, AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are guaranteed for 100,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first. EaA Filters remain effective for 25,000 miles or one year before requiring cleaning. This coincides with the AMSOIL 25,000-mile/one-year motor oil drain interval, adding even more convenience for motorists by consolidating routine maintenance.

Cleaning
EaA filters should be cleaned every year or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Carefully remove the filter from the housing. Clean the housing with a shop towel, being careful not to knock contaminants into the air inlet. Filters can be cleaned by carefully vacuuming the filter media on the dirty side, or by holding the filter with one hand and carefully blowing the filter media at a 45 degree angle on the clean side using low-pressure shop air (15-20 lbs. psi).