PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Alpha and Rancho kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Default Alpha and Rancho kit

I have an Alpha with cognito shocks and torsion bar crancked. My truck keeps rubbering when I turn the wheels. Any ideas?

Anyone know if its possible to install the 4" rancho lift kit on an Alpha 2008?

I talked with technicians from rancho website by phone, they told me its possible.

Anyone can confirm this? I dont believe the guy by phone, he just want to sell it.

Thank in advance.

Fragss

Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Alpha and Rancho kit

What tires are you running? 35s should fit. I am not into lifts but tryu the search function. This has been heavily discussed and I think the consensus was the the Rancho lift didn't work on the Alpha. Unless Rancho has come out with a kit for the Alpha I don't think it works. Some others will chime in shortly but try the search function.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 AM

What is your wheel and tire setup?

Where are you rubbing?

Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 AM

the rubbing is more than liely on your control arm...lift will not help this. your tire/wheel choice is causing it.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:17 PM

I have the SAME thing going on, but i'm not rubbing on the control arm...my wheels are making contact with the fender liner! Not by much, but enough to make a super loud noise and cut my turning ability down quite a bit. Body lift? will a suspension lift solve my problem?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:25 PM

Should solve your problem RipSkip, but as importkiller said, if it's the control arm, a lift won't change that.

What are you wheel / tire specs.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:30 PM

I had to cut the bottom spoiler, you can see the pics here:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_137694/tm.htm

But keeps rubbering on the front, also the rims are scratched from inside.

The setup is 325/60 20

I lifted with torsion bars 3", same distance as rear.

I dont know what to do, I need some ideas, please help.

Thanks in advance

fragss

Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM

I'll tell ya right now that's it's your rims...look how far they are sticking out...that's gonna cause a lot of problems that most guys running 35's will never have. I didn't see your pic the first time I saw this thread but dude...you have WAYYYY too much offset. You have more than half your tire outside of the fender..I don't think a lift will correct this...but it might. Getting the entire wheelwell over the mid-point of the tire is about the only way to avoid any rubbing with that much offset.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 PM

bro I got the Rancho Lift and absolutely no rubbing...check how far my tires are sticking out. My tires are 37x13.50 R17, my rims are 17x10, backspacing is 4.5 (i think - i forget already - LOL)

However...I am runnning 1/2 inch spacers and did cut my inner fender well, and the underneath of my bumper. Without the spacers my tires was about a centimeter away from my control arm.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM

oh as for the alpha running the Rancho - I heard from the guys here at the local 4 Wheel Parts that they installed a Rancho kit on an Alpha with no problems!

Quick Reply: Alpha and Rancho kit