PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AirRaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default AirRaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

I'm probably going to order this today. I have a K&N filter, but am not upgrading yet to the full cold-air intake, just because I don't want to modify it TOO much since it's leased, and I don't want to worry about swapping stuff on and off every time I take it in (which hasn't been once yet).

Does anybody have this, and if so, has it made any difference at all in performance or gas mileage?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Default RE: AirRaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer

IMHO...I believe that these Spacers are BS and a gimmick...In other words, Snake oil!

Old 08-02-2006, 04:35 PM

I have known a few people to get these and they did not notice any diff

Old 08-02-2006, 05:00 PM

The service manager at my dealer told me this thing only works on V8's, listen to Dennis here. Total waste of money.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input. I'd rather just put the money toward CAI kit, but I have been reading on the web that they can damage your MAF sensor.

The only other thing I would consider is the Volant sealed air box system. Has anybody tried this out?

Old 08-03-2006, 01:23 PM

The only other thing I would consider is the Volant sealed air box system. Has anybody tried this out?
I had the K&N cold air intake on an old truck. Besides being able to clean and reuse the air filter(oh and the cool "woosh" sound it made when it sucked in air) i didn't notice any gas mileage or performance diff.

My GF has the Volant set up in her 05 SUT...along with an aftermarket exhaust, and an electric fan. Going by the read out on the dash only, she gets the same mileage as my stock set up.

I'm sure on a Dyno, the numbers would say other wise, but everyday stop light to stop light driving, i can't tell the diff.

If for nothing else, the ease of getting to and being able to clean and reuse the air filter is worth the $$$ of a cold air set up. IMO

Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Well I already have the K&N stock replacement filter in the box. I drive roughly 45 miles a day, half of it stop and go, so if you don't notice a difference, I probably won't either, but you have the H2 correct? Maybe on an H3 it will. I keep trying to be optimistic here but you can't blame a guy for trying to max out his little Inline 5. I'll probably get some upgrades and find out for myself. I'm one of those people that is too optimistic and wants to see for himself. I guess I'm just crazy

Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 PM

[sm=vader.gif]

Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 AM

I use the Volant intake system and an airaid TB spacer. Along with the custom exhaust work on the down pipe and a Magnaflow system, there is a real overall performance gain. Especially on the freeway when passing. But just one little thing isn't going to make much difference. I did everything at once so it was more noticable over the stock. I don't like the open K&N intakes as you suck way to much dirt in when wheeling. The Volant is a closed system with a larger intake hole in the wheel well and one at the bottom of the air box which can be easily capped for mud and water crossings.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:05 PM

Did your Volant come with ALL the parts and hardware?..Reason I ask because people here have been shorted some parts with theirs.

Quick Reply: AirRaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer