PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air Suspension problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:41 PM

Mine did the same thing last year. I bought two bags from 2004 Hummer H2 Parts - GM Parts - Genuine Replacement GM Parts - New GM Parts and have them replaced.

Attached Thumbnails Air Suspension problem...-p1.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 AM

I found that site yesterday as I need to buy a new passenger side visor and center console armrest... found replacement bags for a little less on eBay with free shipping, so may just order them there. Looks like it's a pretty easy process to swap them out...

Thanks

Old 02-11-2014, 01:51 PM

Hey guys new to the hummer forums. I dont know what took me so long to join but I read on this site all the time. I have owned 3 hummers and love them so much. I am also having a problem with my air suspension for the first time in 5 years. I found a leak in my bags and replaced them. And by the way they are very easy to fix. I am not a great mechanic but id put myself in the mediocre spot. It only took my 15 to replace both bags. Anyways I am now on here because I have a hissing sound ONLY WHEN THE VEHICLE IS RUNNING from the drivers side. Its not the bag its not the exhaust valve for compressor. Just wondering if there are any thoughts what that could be. And my service air suspension light is on. This all just happened at once. Its hissing while truck is running on drivers side and the passenger side air bag had leak. replaced the bags and hissing is still there. and light also comes on and off. Suspension is not running all the time and seems normal. any thoughts would be awesome thanks!!!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by wery12
Hey guys new to the hummer forums. I dont know what took me so long to join but I read on this site all the time. I have owned 3 hummers and love them so much. I am also having a problem with my air suspension for the first time in 5 years. I found a leak in my bags and replaced them. And by the way they are very easy to fix. I am not a great mechanic but id put myself in the mediocre spot. It only took my 15 to replace both bags. Anyways I am now on here because I have a hissing sound ONLY WHEN THE VEHICLE IS RUNNING from the drivers side. Its not the bag its not the exhaust valve for compressor. Just wondering if there are any thoughts what that could be. And my service air suspension light is on. This all just happened at once. Its hissing while truck is running on drivers side and the passenger side air bag had leak. replaced the bags and hissing is still there. and light also comes on and off. Suspension is not running all the time and seems normal. any thoughts would be awesome thanks!!!
Have you tried looking at the left side air lines for leaks???? Easy to check for.....get a small spray bottle, fill with an ounce or two with soap and the rest with water. Turn rig on and start spraying all around the left side starting at the bag then work your way up toward the air lines and keep spraying the soapy water solution down the air line toward the compressor. Any leaks will produce bubbles, then you found your leak(s).

Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the advise I did spray everything and didnt see any leaks. When I crawled under I did find the sound more torwords fuel tank and might not be air suspenion. I could be wrong. Thinking the survice light might have been from my air bags that I replaced I dunno maybe the leveling sensors. Does anyone know where those r located?