PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air ride suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Default Air ride suspension

Just took my compressor bags coils and relay off and did the coil conversion. It really wasn't too bad..took me about an hour. Everything was working I've just read a lot about them failing so I decided to switch. Should I just send this stuff to the dump or is it worth anything?

Old 11-23-2017, 01:50 PM

Some of it certainly has value.... Things like the ride height sensors, the original plastic spacers for the air bags, even the bags if in good condition. You also have the entire compressor assembly mounted up under the rear. That all comes out mounted to the big metal shelf it is all attached to. If the compressor is working that also holds a good bit of value.

Many do like the ride better with the air suspension and if you do a lot of towing, especially if the trailer is at all tongue heavy then the air suspension is extremely nice to have. People that have kept the air ride will always be interested in getting replacement parts which can be sometime hard to find and expensive.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Some of it certainly has value.... Things like the ride height sensors, the original plastic spacers for the air bags, even the bags if in good condition. You also have the entire compressor assembly mounted up under the rear. That all comes out mounted to the big metal shelf it is all attached to. If the compressor is working that also holds a good bit of value.

Many do like the ride better with the air suspension and if you do a lot of towing, especially if the trailer is at all tongue heavy then the air suspension is extremely nice to have. People that have kept the air ride will always be interested in getting replacement parts which can be sometime hard to find and expensive.
thanks. I won't toss it out then. I took the "tray" out with the compressor on it and was surprised at the weight! If anyone is reading this that is considering removing air ride be warned..you better wear eye protection when removing the tray, it gathers a lot of dust and dirt!

Old 12-01-2017, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by drewandsteph
thanks. I won't toss it out then. I took the "tray" out with the compressor on it and was surprised at the weight! If anyone is reading this that is considering removing air ride be warned..you better wear eye protection when removing the tray, it gathers a lot of dust and dirt!
Good to know!
I'm keeping mine in just for the aforementioned reasons towing stuff, and the auto leveling.

I am going to eventually drop the compressor tray and replace it with an air storage tank once the duramax goes in. I'm mounting an air pump where you can put a second alternator on the duramax.