PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air Intakes/Exhaust- who's tried what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Default Air Intakes/Exhaust- who's tried what?

Ready to start making some perf mods and would like some input on aftermarket intakes and exhaust systems.
K&N, TruFlow, Airaid- who has tried any of these and what are your experiences/feedback so far.
On the exhausts- I've always thought highly of Magnaflow and Borla. I've heard some positive feedback on the Gibsons lately.
Anyone here running any of these or tried them- feedback?
Is it necessary to get a custom tune in conjunctiuon with these, or is that just personal pref?
Thanks a mil in advance for any helpful input.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Air Intakes/Exhaust- who's tried what?

Take a look at this topic section your in here now..I'm sure you'll be able to draw on some conclusions.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 AM

Magnaflow and Volant CAI on my H2!!! Love 'em!!

One of the BEST MODS I did!!! I always was dissapointed with the SOUND of my Rig when I first got it....Now people KNOW when I driving up!!! Wicked, WICKED sound!!!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

One of the BEST MODS I did!!! I always was dissapointed with the SOUND of my Rig when I first got it....Now people KNOW when I driving up!!! Wicked, WICKED sound!!!
Iv'e been lookining at the CAI's and considering the Volant, some say why spend the extra $ on it. Are you glad you did, was the Volant worth the $$

Old 06-30-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Iv'e been lookining at the CAI's and considering the Volant, some say why spend the extra $ on it. Are you glad you did, was the Volant worth the $$
Of course, NOT HAVING any other CAI, I cannot tell you any differences between them, but I REALLY like the idea of the ENCLOSED air box. I can REALLY hear the difference of the air flow and my Rig is SO much more responsive that the when I had the OEM intake.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 PM

Got the Airaid first and saw a nice gain in the responsiveness of the engine. Added a Gibson exhaust, sounds great. Didn't notice a performance change but the sound is great. PCM is next on the list.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM

i use spectra performance cone air filter in place of my stock air box works awesome the performance is very noticable and it was cheap because idin't order all the chrome or new intake pipes i just took off the stock box put on a support bracket and connected it to the mass air flow sensor. very easy and it only cost me 40$ for the new performace filter

Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Airaid , flowmaster and pcm tune
runs gr8

Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 AM

i had the k&n fipk on the h3 and it was loud to say the least,so now i just have the k&n filter,i really like it

Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 AM

I have the K&N filter (OEM style barrel type filter) inside the stock breather box, I cut the K&N 2006 modelo CAI tube down to fit on my 07, got rid of the resonator box over the throttle body and the accordian intake tube and it works great.

Along with the K&N intake I have the dual tipped Magnaflow exhaust and the PCMforless tune, the hat-trick is the sweet deal, you need all three to get the most out of each, the sum performance is greater than the individual add ons. Of course you need to tell PCMforless you have the exhaust and intake mods so they tune the PCM accordingly.

Quick Reply: Air Intakes/Exhaust- who's tried what?