PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air Doc...worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

In the works. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Hey Doc, question is what do you have in yours ?

Old 02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by yuflesh
so basically everyone is saying they can feel the difference, but nobody, including the manufacturer doesn't have any hard proof.

I think this product would sell better if someone partnered with manufacturer (or manufacturer himself) did a proper dyno, so the product can be backed up by some numbers.

I will take the print out of this product to my GM dealer in the next few days and see if this would void warranty if installed.
All depends on your relationship with the dealer. My dealer doesn't care, but if I have an engine issue he asked me to put the stock intake back on so he can cover the issue under warranty without any issues. Simple as keeping the stock intake at home and 5 minutes to swap it out.

As Far as the "GUARANTEE", "hard proof" or "on paper" goes:

I must quote Tommy Boy-"'Cause they know all the sold you was a guaranteed piece of bleep. That's all it is isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, you might want to think about buying a quality product from me."

Take a look around at other sites and see what other people have to say. I bet 99% love it and can feel a difference. Oh Yeah, by the way this ain't K&N with a billion dollar budget.

Hey look, it's not anywhere near the cost of the K&N or others either (U.S. or Canadian)???? Who do you think is paying for all that R&D? YOU ARE!

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-25-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Who is Tommy Boy?

We are just trying to do a quality product at a reasonable price. Lots of happy Colorado/Canyon and Hummer customers think we have done that. We are the small guy on the block, but we have achieved global sales with customers in the Pacific Islands, North America, Africa, Australia, and Europe.

We believe our own customers are our best salespeople, we'll let them do the talking.

I use a K&N filter in my own truck and recommend K&N filters to everyone. I am not a fan of open systems, that is why we offer what we believe is the best closed system available.

If any customer thought what they got from us wasn't worth it, I am sure they would post it here or on some other truck board. That is the cool part about forums, you get to see what others have experienced and can avoid the stuff that doesn't deliver.

Thanks for this thread yuflesh. I sincerely hope your question is answered adequately by our salespeople. If you want to talk technical data, you know where to find us.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Who is Tommy Boy?
It's a movie with Chris Farley. Wow Doc I thought you might know that one?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 AM

Hi Airdoc,
didnt mean to stir s... up, but its a good response and a lot of good info. Ill be going shortly to see what dealer has to say (just so I know if I need to play a swap game everytime I go to the dealer for warranty work), and I will contact you shortly to purchase the product.

Thank you again for your response.

Marko

Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Who is Tommy Boy?

We are just trying to do a quality product at a reasonable price. Lots of happy Colorado/Canyon and Hummer customers think we have done that. We are the small guy on the block, but we have achieved global sales with customers in the Pacific Islands, North America, Africa, Australia, and Europe.

We believe our own customers are our best salespeople, we'll let them do the talking.

I use a K&N filter in my own truck and recommend K&N filters to everyone. I am not a fan of open systems, that is why we offer what we believe is the best closed system available.

If any customer thought what they got from us wasn't worth it, I am sure they would post it here or on some other truck board. That is the cool part about forums, you get to see what others have experienced and can avoid the stuff that doesn't deliver.

Thanks for this thread yuflesh. I sincerely hope your question is answered adequately by our salespeople. If you want to talk technical data, you know where to find us.
So you are beatin gall those trucks with just a K&N filter ? I would most of them use something similar if not the same...... or is yours an 8 cylinder truck as opposed to them ?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Raffi76
So you are beatin gall those trucks with just a K&N filter ? I would most of them use something similar if not the same...... or is yours an 8 cylinder truck as opposed to them ?
No. That is not what I meant. My truck is 2007 3.7L LLR I5 with the same set up you can have. I just took one of our H367 kits, painted it Silver .... for the "Silver Lake Special" .. (my wife thought that was pretty funny) .. with a K&N filter.

I have also added a Magnaflow CAT back, and a PCM tune. When you put them all together, you get a screamer!!!

Name:  Silvercrazylable.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  138.0 KB

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Even though I can do certain things around the car Im a pretty big newb when it comes to mechanic. Magnaflow is an exhaust system I assume ? I wont even beging explaing PCM cuz I have no idea what it is How much would a system like that run and where would I go to get it done ?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Doc, maybe you can answer me since you seem to know it all when it comes to these trucks I just got my green filter for replacement, model 2499, on their website it states combatible, but it has a different shape then the stock, seems longer and also gets narrower towards the end..... is this ok or did I get a wrong type of filter ?

Quick Reply: Air Doc...worth the money?