PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air Conditioning Problem..HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Default Air Conditioning Problem..HELP

Leaving work today, I turned on the AC but nothing is blowing out the vents. I hear the clutch engaging on the compressor, the interior control panel is functioning, so I guess it must be a bad blower motor. I have checked all the fuses and relays as well, and they appear to be good. Anybody had this problem yet? I guess it's back to the dealer AGAIN!!![:@][:@][:@]

Old 06-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Default RE: Air Conditioning Problem..HELP

If you try it on heat and you still get nothing then yup its back to the dealer.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM

It is the dash control panel that is defective. No signal is being sent from the unit to the blower motor. Part is being overnighted from the Ft. Worth warehouse, and should be installed tomorrow. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Old 06-09-2006, 03:47 PM

Good to hear that.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:45 PM

Update.....

After further research by the tech, he has discovered a melted pin on the connector(14 pin) of the main wiring harness that runs under the dash. The entire harness has to be replaced because the plug is not available separately. The entire dash has to be pulled, and any wiring from my alarm system that has to be cut, will be my responsability to have re-installed. The harness will not arrive at the dealership until next Wednesday at the earliest, and then the installation will have to be done from there. It's really hard to enjoy this vehicle when it seems to spend as much time at the dealership as it does at home. [:'(] It's averaging one trip in for warranty work per month over the past five months of ownership.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:33 PM

Got the H3 back yesterday. The verdict....."Unacceptable Pin Tension". Apparently, if there is not enough slack in the harness, and the connector plug is under tension, the pins don not seat correctly causing an arc across the connections. I'm just glad they didn't have to pull the dash out and install a new wiring harness. The plug was located through GM from the manufacture, and was able to be replaced.