PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Aftermarket WEBASTO Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Default Aftermarket WEBASTO Sunroof

Hi guys/gals,

New to the forum and had to start with a rant.

I love my H3 to death just like the rest of us. It would be PERFECT if it wasn't for this $2000 aftermarket sunroof they stuck me with.

The H3 I wanted didn't have one already in it, I LOVED how huge the factory sun roof was. The dealer charged me a little extra to have this WEbasto roof put in and ASSURED me it would be only within centimeters of a size difference.

I got it a week later upset to see it was drastically smaller. Within 2 weeks I got the rattles. If the roof is open 50% - 100% the glass vibrates like all hell against the roof. At speeds of over 55 MPH the sunroof is creeking and rattling. If the music is on its tolelrable but in dead silence you will want to kill someone.

Soooo here's where Im at and heres my question.

How impossible would it be to get a FACTORY sunroof installed and this expensive piece of crap removed??? The dealership kept calling wanting to make sure I was "100% Satisfied with my GM purchase" When I said I loved everything about them but this, all I got was apologies. They seriously called every other day to ensure my satisfaction but didn't offer any solution to my small over priced rattling sun roof.

If I complain to the dealership what do you guys think they will do for me??? I was so upset by this I didn't even turn in that GM purchase survey they send you. I just want this thing gone, they also tore my overhead lining to crap trying to install it

Any feedback would be GREAT

Oh yeah, this is Silicon Valley Hummer of Los Gatos in the bay area, California.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket WEBASTO Sunroof

put your complaint in writing and mail it to the dealer. certified if you want, that way you have proof they received it. tell them what the problem is, what you want done and if you're willing to pay the difference between what you got and a factory sunroof. if you haven't filled out your satisfaction survey, use that to complain as well, the dealers take those seriously. do a little research to find out who the principals are at the dealership, they love customer mail.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 PM

ya never go with after market they always leak
i seen dealers do it and the headliner all mess up not worth it.
i do not even think GM will cover that it is a aftermarket the dealer did you need to fight with them.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 PM

good idea... thanks guys

Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 PM

Yet another reason I hate sun/moon roofs.[:@]

Old 07-05-2006, 11:09 PM

i had factory ones on 4 cars never a problem but i might speak to soon i own a GM now[:@]