PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Aftermarket Mods affect Lease terms???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Default Aftermarket Mods affect Lease terms???

Hey guys. I'm leasing a 2005 H2 and have to give the car back next month. I was planning on actually keeping it afterthe lease was over butmy plans have changed rapidly since I've changed jobs and now have to drive 90 miles a day. Problem is I changed out the exhaust with a new Borla Dual Exhaust- cat back with chrome tips in the back and also installed Borla Headers. The Cat. converter is still on the car. I also ripped out the stock intake and put in a cold air intake- Injun. I tosed all the stock pieces in the garbage.

The car is in AWESOME condition and the exhaust doesnt sound too loud- just has a nice little rumble to it.

**Will I be okay when they come to inspect the truck and after they take the truck back??? I don't want to get a bill in the mail stating i owe money to replace these stock crappy components, especially after I put so much money into the H2**

Thanks, chris

Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Default RE: Aftermarket Mods affect Lease terms???

You should probably take the modifications off because unless its a small exterior modification you wont be charged for it....my brother leased ayukon and when he brought it back to the dealership he was charged for all the modifications he had like the exhaust and the headers

Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM

thats the crappy part of leasing .......they got you by the nackers

Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

At least you went with top quality mods. Why toss out the stock intake???? Water under the bridge now, but I would take it in and see what they say. If they are gonna bendyou over buy it, and list it for sale yourself. Might take you some time, but an enthusiast may bail you out of what the dealer will not?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM

The only thing that will probably screw you is the headers. The rest of the exhaust you could say needed replaced. The intake wouldn't be too expensive if they charged you. I also agree I would take it in ahead of time, and consider buying.