PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

After-market Stereo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Default RE: After-market Stereo ?

Nice vette! I run a 50th anniversary black z06. Same black rims for the street but the hoosier slicks got the stock rims. Don't have as much engine work other than a corsa pace car exhaust but its 405 from the factory and with 5 point harnesses it makes a good track day car!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:04 AM

thanks for the kind words. Yes its a black on black Z. Its a great car. However, I need the H3 for the North East winters. I dont really plan on doing anything to the H3 other than a stereo upgrade. The Z06 however, has a fully built 383 forged stroker motor with a 150 shot of nitrous, a built trans, built rear with 3.90's, 5 pt chromoly roll bar, ect ect. I plan on competing in Pro 10.0 next season. I have more pictures of the Z at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748717/2 However, I recently took off the commemorative stripes as they were starting to crack as you can see in the new pics with the Hummer. On the cardomain website, you can see my fathers '96 Mystic Cobra that I race, as well as, my '72 GTO that I recently sold.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:08 AM

Nice pics of the Vette!! I love the Z06(Especially BLACK)!!Name:  explode3.gif
Views: 54
Size:  8.4 KB

Old 10-12-2006, 01:13 PM

I have a eclipse Nav model radio you will need the Onstar Interface This earlier thread should help.
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_5236/tm.htm

Old 10-12-2006, 02:36 PM

onstar can be an issue as mentioned, i've heard mixed reviews about the kits to allow it to still function - not every installer i talk to says they work well.

if you have a bose system like the H2 (bye bye bose is really high on my list of things to do to my truck) you have to gut all the wiring and start over, as Bose tends to sneak little EQs and Amps here and there and everywhere inside vehicles.

Bose = [:@]

Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM

I appologize for thinking you were someone else, once bitten...know what I mean?!

Anyway, welcome to the forums!!

BTW, where are you from in the north east?

Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I appologize for thinking you were someone else, once bitten...know what I mean?!

no problem at all. I live in bergen county NJ. Its in the north east part of the state. Paramus, specifically if anyone is familiar with Jersey. I would imagine some people would be familiar with the Paramus Hummer dealership.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MPRTKLR

ORIGINAL: importkiller

no problem at all. I live in bergen county NJ. Its in the north east part of the state. Paramus, specifically if anyone is familiar with Jersey. I would imagine some people would be familiar with the Paramus Hummer dealership.

Isn't that the dealer you got yours from ImportKiller? I thought you mentioned that dealer name before!

Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 PM

No, I got mine from a place down south Jersey, I think Raffi got his from there or had it fixed a few times there.

mport, you are among a few NJ people here, I think we lead the way as far as a single state bieng represented. I'm in Middlesex County.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Ah but alas you are mistaken. I am the only person from Chicago here, let alone Illinois, at least of the people that actually post. HummerMike is from Indiana, but right on the border, about 45 minutes from where I live, and maybe 45 minutes from the city. The both of us are also loaners here too!

Quick Reply: After-market Stereo ?