PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

After-Market Radio????

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Default After-Market Radio????

What would be the best one for my hummer 2008 h3 Aplha with no Nav.

I would like it to have Navigation system, and that i could put a back-up cam.And Satellite radio without breaking the wallet.

Thans in advance

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM

not sure on ur budget, but I went with a Kenwood DNX6140. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6...x6140&tp=20212

--i absolutely love it. even better, they were havin a deal and i got a free back-up cam along with. it was a Boyo VTL400. both the unit and the camera work with no issue. the kenwood has great startup time. if you're doing self-install, i recommend crutchfield. they have the ABSOLUTE best customer service. i had a minor wire identification issue that they resolved immediately with essentially no delay during install. if u need any more info, lemme know. i do stand by the kenwood. amazing product(garmin inside). the sum was 1149.98 after the GMOS adapter purchase. they're havin a 100 mail in rebate offer right now. i also used their 6/mo free interest deal by signing up with a sony card.

I drive an 06' H3 lux w/ monsoon.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 AM

Thanks For the info Man. But Kinda Pricey i was looking more at the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVIC...310BT.html?tp=

Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM

I just installed the AVIC-710BT in my H3 over the weekend and am satisfied thus far. The iPod conenctivity and functionality seems second to none (includes video!), the Bluetooth phone quality seems very good, and I like the backup cam. Looks to have most of the features you're looking for - I hope to post a review of my experience with it once I get a month or two of ownership under my belt.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 PM

just get a nice dvd touch screen,and use the your cellphone for gps. way cheaper

Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM

I know alot of people with the Pioneer AVIC and they love it. Good unit for the price.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:22 AM

SOnicBoom got the same one as you, but the 310, just got it yestrday hopein i can go install it this weekend.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Cool

yeah i got the avic-d3 series man its so nice.........

Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Default Eclipse

I found an Eclipse unit on EBay, with Ipod Interface, Sirius radio, B/U camera, Of course the Nav, and DVD players in the headrest included! Less than a grand! The system came from an H2 and I put it in my wife's H3 ALpha. I had to take DVDs from the headrests and put them in hers, becasue they were different size/color. It cost me $100 for a different interface for the Head Unit, as the original one from the H2 was different. I got it at Crutchfield, and I would highly recommend them for any ourchase like this. They are the greatest when it comes to tech help. They have fast shipping. Just an all around super business. CANNOT be beat!!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:30 AM

I worked for a custom shop here in town some years back, While I have NEVER been a Jensen fan, we did a custom dash for a local mag and Jensen gave us the goods free as a promo. I did the same thing with my own H3. The unit is way better than expected, and cheaper. It does just about anything the Kenwood or Pioneer can do with a very nice selectable and adjustable EQ that is capable of programming for each specific use. IE IPod, CD, SD card, Radio, and so on. We installed dual touch screens, one in the head unit, the other for navigation. This is the reason we selected Jensen, the screens can control each other and work together via a data BUS. Cool feature and usable simultaneously.

The Iphone has a hack feature for those fellas that use them. If your Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, or Pioneer has the IPod or Iphone VIDEO capability, you can use the touch screen on your radio to control the phones GPS. I will ask my bud for the info on the download. He says it works great on his Alpine IVA-w505. It did not come with Navigation.

Quick Reply: After-Market Radio????