PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Afraid to put on 315/75R16's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Default Afraid to put on 315/75R16's!

I'm Afraid to put on 315/75R16's!

I had them on my last H3... and love the look...

...but I see so many posts about them voiding the warranty if something goes wrong... and robbing of power from the I5... and shifting issues in the automatic tranny... and stress on parts...

What should I do?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Grow a pair and accept the possible consequences or don't put them on. We can't decide for you.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Maybe go smaller?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 PM

I had Toyo 315's on my 08' H3 and found they rubbed power from the I5 but they did look good!

Then I saw a few people on here that were denied warranty coverage from having them on...

I don't want to have to pay a few grand if I have issues after putting them on... so I guess it comes down to taking my chances or going with 285/75R16's.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:54 AM

Dude you have two threads on here basically covering the same thing. You claim you had 315's on your old h3, yet you ask questions that you should already know the answer too. I don't get it?
There is so much info on this topic on every hummer forum. Read it and make up your mind man

Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
Dude you have two threads on here basically covering the same thing. You claim you had 315's on your old h3, yet you ask questions that you should already know the answer too. I don't get it?
There is so much info on this topic on every hummer forum. Read it and make up your mind man
Dude the old H3 was past warranty but the new one is not... get it now?

And yes there is a lot of info on this topic... but reading through it is like reading your responses... I have to go through a lot and end up with a little.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM

psych0 is all depends on your dealership...

I am going to pick my rig up in a few minutes... she needed another front axle, upper and lower ball joint and cv boot on the drivers side... she's sporting 315s and has been for awhile... yes I said another front axle I blew apart the stock front end last summer... long story thread is here somewhere... but they haven't voided my warranty yet!

Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 AM

psych0,

It seems to me that you are looking for someone to hold your hand or make up your mind for you. As others have stated you might want to ask you dealer that would only make sense.
Now you have a thread started asking if 315's will fit without a tbar crank (yes is the answer), and that question has been answered already in one of your other threads???

What more do you want? All your questions have answered.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
psych0,

It seems to me that you are looking for someone to hold your hand or make up your mind for you. As others have stated you might want to ask you dealer that would only make sense.
Now you have a thread started asking if 315's will fit without a tbar crank (yes is the answer), and that question has been answered already in one of your other threads???

What more do you want? All your questions have answered.
Thanks for pointing that out bassman... do you have yours leveled?

Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Yes mine is leveled. I also have the Trail Duty kit http://www.trailduty.com/product_inf...roducts_id=765

I ran my 315's for a while without leveling and it was fine. One thing of note, before I leveled, I had no rubbing at all when turning. After I leveled the front is when I started get slight rubbing on the sway bar at full lock. This is normal from the front end angles changing, and is nothing to worry about.

Read this thread, it has all the info you need.

http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/for...d=1#post174189

Quick Reply: Afraid to put on 315/75R16's!