PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Advice/ Opinions on lifting H3 !?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 07:52 PM

08 Red H3 post pics once you put it on id like to know how it goes too.
And yeah I think ill probably level it for now then figure it out from there if im gonna go with a suspension lift later or not. I appreciate all the feed back !!!

Has anyone had any experience with putting spacers on the wheels ? My last truck I went the route of putting 12.50 tires on a 10 inch rim and got plenty of width from that. But ive been thinkin about putting spacers on the H3 after leveling it but I heard some good things and not so good things about them. Otherwise if its a bad idea ill probably end up going with a wider tire again. But idk how wide I can go without rubbing and with keeping the stock rims.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
To level the rig just adjust the torsion bars.
This is NOT entirely accurate because you failed to say 23.5 at most. However I agree lifting is the best as the H3 looks and functions 10 times better lifted either by torsion or Rancho.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Monster3
And yeah I think ill probably level it for now then figure it out from there if im gonna go with a suspension lift later or not. I appreciate all the feed back !!!

Has anyone had any experience with putting spacers on the wheels ? My last truck I went the route of putting 12.50 tires on a 10 inch rim and got plenty of width from that. But ive been thinkin about putting spacers on the H3 after leveling it but I heard some good things and not so good things about them. Otherwise if its a bad idea ill probably end up going with a wider tire again. But idk how wide I can go without rubbing and with keeping the stock rims.

there is alot of us that run 315/75/16s on the stock wheels, and I know that Tainter runs 37/12.50/16s on his.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
This is NOT entirely accurate because you failed to say 23.5 at most. However I agree lifting is the best as the H3 looks and functions 10 times better lifted either by torsion or Rancho.
If you could read more than 5 words at one time you would see that I also said there are tons of how-to threads. H3Ray you are what I have heard HERPES are like. Everyone hates them but they keep showing up.

315/75R16= approximately a 35x12.5x16. They will rub slightly on FULL lock of the steering wheel. Not big deal. Tons of threads on this subject here also. Please try to use the SEARCH function at the top of each page go find information. Thanks.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

This is what most people do, level first, and there are many solid aftermarket manufacturers who make an up 3 inch leveling kit for you to choose from. READYlift, Skyjacker, Supreme Suspensions, Rough Country, Tuff Country, et al. All torsion bar lift keys are indexed for lift and DOUBLE the strength of factory keys. They're a relatively easy DIY. After installing the liftkit though, you'll probably want to get an alignment so you don't wear out your tires prematurely.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
If you could read more than 5 words at one time you would see that I also said there are tons of how-to threads. H3Ray you are what I have heard HERPES are like. Everyone hates them but they keep showing up.
I would rather have herpes than be stuck like chuck in Michigan!

Old 06-02-2015, 08:33 PM

I appreciate all the replies and help. Definitely a big help !

Old 06-09-2015, 08:34 AM

Good luck and let us know how it goes!