PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Adventure Pkg vs. Lux Pkg

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Default Adventure Pkg vs. Lux Pkg

Hello, I am new member shopping for first Hummer 3. I like the beefy look of Adventure Pkg. but my husband really likes leather seats, and goodies in the Lux. Pkg. Salesman is pushing lux. pkg for better resale. I tend to change cars every 1 1/2 to 2 years and don't want to have trouble selling it later. I might try off road but for the most part it will be for travelling to my home in GA and for going to work. Looking forward to any suggestions. Thanks

Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Default RE: Adventure Pkg vs. Lux Pkg

Welcome..good luck in what every you decide to buy..send pictures when you get your new H3

Old 03-25-2007, 12:51 PM

I’m not sure what the differences are on the H3’s but I’ve had both the Adventure package and the Luxury package on the H2. The big difference between these two was the built in air compressor and the air lift suspension. If you off road I can see where they would be a nice thing to have. But in my case I never used either one in the two plus years I had the vehicle. I’m also not sure what the Luxury package includes on my H2 outside of the ebony seats because I had the chrome package upgrade on the old one. With all this being said I like the Luxury package interior (ebony over wheat) over the Adventure. In reality there’s not much you can’t add to either one short of the above mentioned items. My final thought is if you live in an area that gives you a chance to off road go with the adventure series , it might also help you resell it down the road.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:55 PM

I sorry I should have mentioned in my above post --Welcome to the board and good luck with your choice.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:00 PM

Hoggrl,
Buy the luxury package (package 1SC) with the off-road suspension package (order option ZM6). I custom ordered mine and waited 7 weeks but at least it is exactly what I want. Dealers usually have a few luxury with off-road on their lots.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:02 PM

Hi Tina, thanks for good wishes. We have two dogs, a German Sheperd and a Black English Lab. They go on our 15 hour trips to our home in the Mts. of Georgia. I will need a good ride on the roads for the most part and once in a while I will go off road. I just like the look of the Adventure pkg. The salesman has the Lux. Hummer 3 and just changed the tires and rims from an Adventure. He is really happy with the look and the ride. I might do that, but it will cost me $2,500 for the tires and rims. Of course, they are killing me with the price. How do you feel about your ride and the blind spots?

Old 03-25-2007, 01:07 PM

That is an option I am considering. Thanks for advice. My name is Helen, I used to ride a Harley and hoggrl was my plate. Its an easy password to remember.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Get the Adv. Pkg. if your going off road. If not the Lux. Pkg. has the heated leather seats that is nice in the winter. Or if you want everything buy one with both pkgs.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM

Hey Helen,

I have the base model with some options, but looking to trade it in for a 07 with more options such as a sunroof/heated seats..I really don't have any complaints with it..Love driving and the looks of it..with minimal off road useage..there was no need for me to get the adventure package..You get use to the blinds spots and there are back up cameras or sensors you can put on....I'm glad to see another female to the forum...LOOK OUT GUYS, WE ARE MOVING IN.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: hoggrl

That is an option I am considering. Thanks for advice. My name is Helen, I used to ride a Harley and hoggrl was my plate. Its an easy password to remember.
Hey girl..got any tats you wanna show us?..[sm=smokin.gif]

Quick Reply: Adventure Pkg vs. Lux Pkg