PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Default RE: Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's

I have both the Adv. and the Lux. packages. I went in for the Lux. with several xtras added on and found out they had one on the lot with everything I wanted but also the adv. package. Because it came from the factory, the GM discount counted and it ended up being cheaper than the Lux. with the add ons.

I have taken it off road. I have pulled out 50 year old pine tree with it. But it shines up nice and I can take it anywhere. But when I'm done with it I am hoping the Adv. package will add to the resale value.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM

Ours is pretty simple. The H3 is for my wife, and the adventure package is for me. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

After having leather in our tahoe, we chose not to get it again. There wasn't anything wrong with the Tahoes leather, we just wanted to stick to manual seat adjustments, and cloth. The way I see it, once you pretty much have your seat where you want it, then the power seat option is sort of useless. Not completely.. but I know once mine is set, I usually don't mess with it anymore. So, I didn't want to pay extra for something I wouldn't really use. Leather is nice, but we can do without it.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:08 AM

So unless you have the lux.pkg. you get the manual seats with just the adv. pkg.

I do love the heated seats though , great in winter to keep you toasty without the heat blasting.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:26 AM

you can have heated seat elements added to any seat for around $200, or buy the kit for under $100 and do it yourself...very easy to do and work as good or better than factory. I had seats in the bed of my dually and added heat elements to them cause the heat didn't really warm it up enough back there...very easy install and the ones I got even had seperate digital thermostats.