PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:57 AM
Default Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's

We went to snoop the lot's today and I would most deff. get the Adventure package , but what about Lux. pkg ?? I really don't care for leather seat's but the heated part I like because of my back and they fricken cold in winter.

How many have the Lux pkg and is it worth it ?

Also comparing stock tune system's , not into touch screen , navi. screen stuff , but how is the tune system for stock. I'm not into aftermarket system's and dickin around wwith that ,but the Bose 9 speaker system in my Tahoe just rocked for a stock system & I had Xm too which I loved. Is the only option a single disc or 6 disk head unit ?

Wife and I are talking , she might take the 4R and I'll trade the Escape and Cobra in on a Hummer and should be able to pay cash without a problem unless they have 0% then I'll finance. It won't happen right away but were working on it. Also trying to start a bus. and quit my full time job,so alot of thing's going on right now. Although I'm pumped !!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Default RE: Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's

Thats one thing I have never understood and probably never will understand. The adventure package is setup for more agressive off-road capabilities, meaning differernt shocks,locking rear diff,33" tires, and a 2 speed transfer case....same suspension setup and height as a base model with 33's by the way. What I don't understand is why someone would pay extra for the adventure AND get the lux package. If you do enough off-roading to warrant the extra cash for the adventure then you wouldn't want the leather power seats,chrome wheels and other luxery items as they would get ruined while off-roading. If you don't do extreme off roading or even enough off roading to ruin the luxery items then you DON'T need the adventure cause the base model is very capable of anything normal off-roading will throw at it.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:14 PM

WHEN YOU BUY BOTH PACKAGES THEY ONLY COME WITH MOONROOF AND 6 CD PLAYER AND LEATHER YOU DO NOT GET THE CHROME RIMS.THE LUX PACKAGE COME ONLY WITH THE 32 CHROME RIMS.THE MOONROOF, LEATHER,6CD

Old 07-24-2006, 04:45 PM

Good points....thanks

What about factoey tune system , Monsoon.....good system ?

Old 07-24-2006, 05:13 PM

yes it is a good system get the 6 cd one

Old 07-24-2006, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

WHEN YOU BUY BOTH PACKAGES THEY ONLY COME WITH MOONROOF AND 6 CD PLAYER AND LEATHER YOU DO NOT GET THE CHROME RIMS.THE LUX PACKAGE COME ONLY WITH THE 32 CHROME RIMS.THE MOONROOF, LEATHER,6CD

Didn't know that about the rims, but the rest is kinda my point. If you do the type of off-roading where the adventure package is needed, then leather seats is something you do not want...trust me, one time in a mud pit or crawling around trying to get unstuck and you'll hate the fact that you have leather. If your thinking to yourself, well I don't go through mud or any offroading where I'm gonna get stuck...well, then the adventure package is a waste of money. Alot of people think that the base H3 is not off-road capable...completely false. The main advantage the adventure has over the base is the locking diff and transfer case, but for normal off-roading those things are not needed. All depends on drivers ability, I could probably take my base places where an adventure will get stuck with a not so good driver.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:43 PM

the only reason i got leather because the clothe seats sat so low to the ground you ever notice that
i hate leather because im always leaving thing in my back pocket but i did get use to the heated seats

Old 07-24-2006, 07:45 PM

what are you 5'2"?!?!

judging by the legs in that pic of your front plate I guess you are

Seriously, to each their own...was just trying to give people interested in buying some info, that's all.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 PM

I personally don't like leather seat's , like sunroof though. The leather in my Z71 Tahoe was cheap and it wore pretty badly, After 2 years it was looking pretty crappy and I took really good care of it.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:38 PM

the leather seats are o.k.....I prefer cloth ones though...mine are tan leather and everyone else loves them...i love the heated part for those chilly mornings.

Quick Reply: Adv. pkg vs Lux pkg ? & Tune's