PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AC HEATER control problem with leds

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Exclamation AC HEATER control problem with leds

hello all I tried for a search and couldn't find what I was looking for
I swapped my factory ac control ***** with blue leds now my ac or heater will only blow luke warm not hot or cold from the ac or heater side I lined up the control **** the center one and no matter what it will also only blow out from the vents I have no red lights showing now when you switch to in cabin or ac or defrost tried the reset and still nothing I have taken it apart like 4 or 5 times now unplugged everything even un hooked the battery for about 15 to 20 min and still nada ive got to be missing something here
it is a 2006 H3 can anyone help this is driving me nuts I get it back today from being dipped so I would like to fix this any help would help
thanks Will

Old 10-15-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by SKOUT
hello all I tried for a search and couldn't find what I was looking for
I swapped my factory ac control ***** with blue leds now my ac or heater will only blow luke warm not hot or cold from the ac or heater side I lined up the control **** the center one and no matter what it will also only blow out from the vents I have no red lights showing now when you switch to in cabin or ac or defrost tried the reset and still nothing I have taken it apart like 4 or 5 times now unplugged everything even un hooked the battery for about 15 to 20 min and still nada ive got to be missing something here
it is a 2006 H3 can anyone help this is driving me nuts I get it back today from being dipped so I would like to fix this any help would help
thanks Will
there seems to be comkon issue that face many peoples
where ac blows very cold on the coolest setting but oje click away it blows very hot

search for it and there is a fix about soldering resistor in one of the wires that will revert it back to normal i have the problem but yet to fix it
goodluck and all of the best wishes

Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know what you "searched" but there are several threads on this.... like this one https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...me-help-28289/

I would put the old LEDs back in and see if that gets you back to a working condition before your possibly chase a different problem.

Just scroll down through this H3 section for 5-10 pages, your problem comes up often.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:53 AM

this is SKOUT I finally got into my old account but anyways all the threads I have read either their ac doesn't work and its the wireing and the relay or whatever or their ac will change with one click from hot to cold or either their ac or heat gradually changes mine does not change at all I only get warm not hot not cold through the front vent it will not change to any other setting no one clicks no hot no cold just warm and no red center lights so I can not tell if they flash to do the reset but I have followed the reset instructions the same goes even if I put the stock bulbs back in so I am really stumped and I am hoping its not the BCM thing that would really suck any other ideas on what to try as I am ripping it apart in the morning

Old 10-16-2014, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by scout71
this is SKOUT I finally got into my old account but anyways all the threads I have read either their ac doesn't work and its the wireing and the relay or whatever or their ac will change with one click from hot to cold or either their ac or heat gradually changes mine does not change at all I only get warm not hot not cold through the front vent it will not change to any other setting no one clicks no hot no cold just warm and no red center lights so I can not tell if they flash to do the reset but I have followed the reset instructions the same goes even if I put the stock bulbs back in so I am really stumped and I am hoping its not the BCM thing that would really suck any other ideas on what to try as I am ripping it apart in the morning
i dont know but it seems mechanical not electronic issue

sticky valve or stuck vent door or whatever

do you hear any clicking behind the dashboard??

sorry i cant help anymore due to my limited experience ,best of luck

Old 10-16-2014, 07:02 AM

No there is no clicking or anything the air output middle **** works fine its just the two one either side that do nothing pulled and swapped relays and fuses and the same my next step is to pull the bulbs like DOC suggested my problem is similar to some others but a little different other people have been able to have the air blow cool or hot with one click I can not no matter how long it runs well off to shove my fingers in those glorious little holes....who the hell came up with that one anyways?

Old 10-16-2014, 07:44 AM

Ok I just replaced the factory bulbs back into the ac controls still no lights and the only thing I can adjust is the fan speed and have no other functions the only type of air that blows is warm not hot not cold no defrost or anything else

Old 10-16-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by scout71
Ok I just replaced the factory bulbs back into the ac controls still no lights and the only thing I can adjust is the fan speed and have no other functions the only type of air that blows is warm not hot not cold no defrost or anything else
~Those run-on sentences!

I could have guessed it wouldn't be from swapping the lights to LEDs. Have you made sure everything is connected properly?

I plan to swap all of the dash lights to green led's for a more night vision-like appearance, If mine starts acting funky I'll report in.

Btw, Mine is a 2006 ADV H3 and around 45-50k miles my Blower motor resister melted. Made it only blow warm, and would sometimes not work at all. Once I dug up in there, I located the resister and replaced as mentioned in these forums. There's a great write up somewhere.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by norinco3264
~Those run-on sentences!

Once I dug up in there, I located the resister and replaced as mentioned in these forums. There's a great write up somewhere.
Yep, page four of the thread I linked back at post #3. For those that do not know, links appear in BLUE. I linked it for a purpose.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 10-16-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:05 PM

Yup already replaced the resistor and wiring about two or three months ago.
nothing but warm air through the vent, and now the factory bulb in the middle will not lite up. Everything else is ok I guess besides those pesky hid fogs but yeah its really pissed me off I don't want to take it to the stealership but I'm running out of options I wish someone was local that could give a hand. I don't know if it will be covered under extended warranty.
I have dug through threads all night and haven't been to sleep yet even unhooked battery for about an hour swapped fuses and relays the blower is blowing just no options or climate controls

Quick Reply: AC HEATER control problem with leds