PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

AC Blower Fixed....Now This

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Default AC Blower Fixed....Now This

My AC Blower went out, so i replaced the pigtail harness and all was well. ( Thank you for that)

The temp in Dallas went below 100 degrees so as I was driving down the road, I went to adjust the temperature on my AC Control.

From the coldest setting on my AC, if I even adjust the temp one click to get off FULL COLD , I GET FULL HEAT. The only setting my AC will work on is the coldest setting, no cool, no warm, either one position for FULL COLD and everything else is FULL HEAT,

Did I get a bum harness? Suggestions? Punt? Park the Humpster and stay on the bike?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 PM

My '07 H3 is doing the same thing. I've only had her a couple months. I'm in Phoenix so I've only been using the AC. We went to the mountains and the girlfriend started getting a little cold so she went to adjust the AC temp to "not so cold". One click and full on heat! I'm taking her to the dealer to get it fixed next week. Maybe a bad actuator or something.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 AM

If you dont mind, let me know. I just replaced the capacitor and the wiring harness ( bought through dealer). That fixed my blower, but i'm thinking a defective harness or plug caused this.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harley100th
If you dont mind, let me know. I just replaced the capacitor and the wiring harness ( bought through dealer). That fixed my blower, but i'm thinking a defective harness or plug caused this.
Gm and blower motor resistors are VERY common. Your temp issue is more likely a blend door actuator (hot/cold door). Of course it could still be a wiring issue.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 PM

I've read all the posts, and it sounds like an epidemic !!! POOF the AC/heater fan just quit !! So, is this a dealer item or what? located #82, 30 amp fuse looks fine. So, is this an 2006 h3 @65000 miles. What to do? I need help.......

Old 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM

Any luck fixing the temp control issue? Mine is doing the same.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM

i disconet my battery and same problem calibrate the ac and didint work.... if anyone finds out whats wrong please post.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM

To all of you with this problem, I have been dealing with GM and the dealership. PEASE CALL GENERAL MOTORS !!! They are aware of this issue but more people need to call to create a recall. 3 items need replacing. The blower motor, the relay and the wiring harness. Call GM and create an account, and follow up at the dealer. GM has dealt with the service department. It has set me back $600. But many of you may get some financial relief if you call GM !! GM reads the blogs and are aware of the problem. Good luck to you. Keep me posted on your progress. You are better off at the dealership unless you are a mechanic. This is a GM malfunction, not normal ware and tear. They tried that one on me, until I found this blog. Why do we all have the same problem, on the same car, year and mileage ? Thx hummer peeps.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM

At the time of my previous post, my fan had not quit working yet. So of course on the hottest week of the year, it decided to stop working. Standard practice is replace resistor and blower motor. The relay is really for high fan only. Wiring harness damage is always possible due to the current draw of the blower. Bad blower motor causes the resistor (speed controller) to overheat and fail. You can get it to work by replacing only the resistor. That is a band aid. To fix the problem, I replaced the motor, resistor, relay (only because i was there and it was cheap) and the wiring harness. When you contact your gm dealer for the harness they may tell you there is no harness available, just the plastic connector with no leads. That is not the case. The harness that connects the relay, resistor, motor, and control head is available. It simply unplugs from all the components and the replacement plugs back in place. GM Part # 25949869 list out about $50. I am a tech by trade so I dont pay for installation, but it only calls for an hour of labor. Good luck, all!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 AM

The AC Blower on mine is working fine. I'm having the problem with the temperature control where one click from coldest setting goes to full heat. I've seen this problem all over the internet, but no solution. Usually occurs after disconnecting battery. I did the AC recalibration trick already with no luck

Quick Reply: AC Blower Fixed....Now This