PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ABS sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 04:33 PM

I dont know what code showed up when it happened cause I had no code reader then, but I had a hub bearing fail and got Trac, stab, and abs failure and fault in dash. But hummer z has always got the good info for ya.
And I have done tons to my 3 with no service manual. And still going strong, and by no means am I a mechanic. Some jobs seem almostscary to tackle until you finally break into it. Then Joubert done and think of how easy it will be next time you have to do it.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Default code

Originally Posted by hummerz
Repair the c0040 first then drive.. If abs light stays on, there is a tsb for the c0201 (poor ground to ebcm):

http://www.aplsweb.com/Topics/ABS-Light-On-Bulletin.pdf GL
noted HumZ, BTW i have this code C0201 coz of i pulled fuse Stab#2 solenoid,to bypass the front right ABS malfunction, if hook it back will just have one codeC00040. so it safe to say i just pin point the problem as the sensor itself. will report back as soon i tackle my issue when weather goes warmer here, freaking weather wont go up 15+

Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by BERULAKIDE
I dont know what code showed up when it happened cause I had no code reader then, but I had a hub bearing fail and got Trac, stab, and abs failure and fault in dash. But hummer z has always got the good info for ya.
And I have done tons to my 3 with no service manual. And still going strong, and by no means am I a mechanic. Some jobs seem almostscary to tackle until you finally break into it. Then Joubert done and think of how easy it will be next time you have to do it.

it can not be my hub, wheel has no play and i dont hear any grinding, squeeling sound while driving, my envoy(RIP) was notorious on failing wheel bearing but i luv it, and H3 i luv the most, i dont give a fck driving H3 when my co worker making fun of me.. yes some job are intimidating when you think of it but if you dont try you gonna get annalized by stealership..

Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 AM

True enough, no play it should be good. The dealership gets none of my time. They reamed me for about 2 grand before when I first got it. Ever since I have done everything myself. Probably saved 5 grand at least in the past 2 years. Did brakes, hub bearing, emergency brake, belt and tensioner, rad, manifold, universals, drain tubes, spark plugs, and couple other things myself. I saved a boatload on parts alone not to mention the labor.
Good luck