PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

6" lift with 35" tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Default 6" lift with 35" tires

I'm buying an H2 soon and this is one of the first things I want to do with it. It will probably be an 08-09, do I need to do anything else to it with these modifications?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:42 PM

I originally wanted a 12" lift with 46" tires but after being told I would have to do a solid axle swap among other things it highly discouraged me.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Why would you put a 6" lift on and keep the stock size tires?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM

Did you not read the title?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Montecristo
Did you not read the title?
I read the title and I am wondering also why you want to lift it 6" with the stock 35" (315/70R17) tire size. In stock form I have seen 37s on H2s. That would be a whole lot of open wheel well with 6" of lift and the stock rubber size.

So to answer your first question.

Depends on if you have an airbag suspension and you may need to purchase aftermarket rims depending on the 6" lift you are going to install. Most 6" kits say you can go "up to" 39" tires on the H2.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM

a 6" kit with 35's will look way small. Rancho/ Fabtec being the two most common H2 lifts both net roughly 6". WIth the 35's with one of those kits, it will look like you are running a 33" tire. 37's/ 38's look perfect on the Rancho kit. 38's on the Fabtech as is sits just a tad higher.

I can understand building a truck in stages as funds allow, however with either kit you will still have to add new wheels.

My old H2 had a Rancho kit on 37 13.50 17
Name:  lift_snow.jpg
Views: 15211
Size:  52.9 KB

Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Forgive me for sounding rude, as I did not know those were stock. I apologize.

Thank you still for answering and being very helpful, to reply..

I would LIKE to get a 12' lift with 40-45 inch tires but as I said previously people told me it'd be a lot of aftermarket work. Can anyone chip in on that because I've seen many pictures and that just looks PERFECT.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Forgive me for sounding rude, as I did not know those were stock. I apologize.

Thank you still for answering and being very helpful, to reply..

I would LIKE to get a 12' lift with 40-45 inch tires but as I said previously people told me it'd be a lot of aftermarket work. Can anyone chip in on that because I've seen many pictures and that just looks PERFECT.
IMO, try to find an owner in your area that has their truck lifted. Go for a ride before you spend the money. In going to a lift of that height and that large of tires, there is a lot more invloved than just putting a lift on and running it. drivetrain, steering, exhaust mods are also needed. wayyyy more work than rolling on a Fabtech or Rancho kit. If you want to run a 40" tire go with a Fabtech kit and go for the resi shocks or another manufact's shocks to help with dampening. 40's are huge on an H2 already.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Timgco
IMO, try to find an owner in your area that has their truck lifted. Go for a ride before you spend the money. In going to a lift of that height and that large of tires, there is a lot more invloved than just putting a lift on and running it. drivetrain, steering, exhaust mods are also needed. wayyyy more work than rolling on a Fabtech or Rancho kit. If you want to run a 40" tire go with a Fabtech kit and go for the resi shocks or another manufact's shocks to help with dampening. 40's are huge on an H2 already.
Ok, excellent answer. So what is the absolute biggest tire I could run on a 6" lift WITH mods? 40? I am a complete noob when it comes to cars so bare with me. Also, I assume shocks don't come with a lift kit

Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Ok, excellent answer. So what is the absolute biggest tire I could run on a 6" lift WITH mods? 40? I am a complete noob when it comes to cars so bare with me. Also, I assume shocks don't come with a lift kit
well that's great, cause these are HUMMERS/ not cars. So you're doing fine! LOL

40's would be the largest I would run if you are going to offroad it/ you may be able to squeeze a little larger tire in there depending on offset/ wheel width/ tire width.

If you are going to use this as a on road only/ show truck, you can go a little larger, but not without going into custom stuff.

keep in mind the wider the wheel/ tire combo and further out they stick, the more you will feel the road, grab road grooves, etc. ..same off road.

Quick Reply: 6" lift with 35" tires