PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

3rd row seat question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Default 3rd row seat question

I want it out. I pull up on lever 1. nothing

what am I suppose to be doing/seeing ?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 PM

Hi SPREAD5150

It's been a long while since I installed a third row seat in a Hummer of any kind. I assume you're referring to an H2; is this correct?

The only other Hummer that has a third row jump seat is the H1.

I'm not sure what you mean when you speak of "Lever 1." If it's the same kind of third row seat I remember, it should have a couple of different levers.

One of them sticks out a little ways from under the third row seat in the front and back of the seat. This lever is used to slide the seat forward and back.

The second lever was usually found on the outside edge of the seat. This lever is used to adjust the backrest only; forward and back.

If you want to take the seat out you slide the seat as far forward as it will go. There are generally to small "T-Handles" on both sides of the seat that appear to screw down into the floor of the vehicle .

Turn the "T-Handles" counter clockwise to unscrew them from their anchor points. Now, you should be able to just pull the third row seat towards the rear of the vehicle and off of its mounting tracks.

If you want the mounting tracks removed as well, you'll need a seatbeltj-sized torx bit because, if they're the kind of third row seats I've seen, they are held in place with the factory torx head bolts. This may leave you with holes in your carpet though.

Of course all of this is assuming that it is an H2 you were referring to and it is the kind of third row seat I used to install in them.

Hope this helps you rather than confuses you.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM

I need to talk to upholstryguy. I have interior question. How does this work. Please contact me, Jason 09.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 AM

Hi Jason 09:

I received an email notice stating that you needed to talk to me. Is something wrong?

I hope nothing went hay-wire on you after some of the advice given in one of my other post.

I check my email twice a day so if you try to contact me again so I can generally reply fairly quickly.

I'm kind of new to this forum but, I think they also have a "PM" feature; I've just never used it.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by SPREAD5150
I want it out. I pull up on lever 1. nothing

what am I suppose to be doing/seeing ?
They have a tendency to become a little rusty - I'd hit the clamp that holds it to the floor w/ some WD-40 or similar penetrating oil to loosen it up.