PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

37 x 12.5 x 17

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:24 AM

I'm a tire shop in burbank,ca. I never try to guess what will fit and what won't when a customer asks for an oversized tire. I order em, Install them, drive it. if they rub I let the customer decide if he wants to live with it or not. I can return them as long as I can make em look like new. (so you can't drive em for a month and then return them.) I also do trim the wheel wells on lots of chevys to make em fit. so if they are certain in their answer and dont want to try to sell you a set of expensive tires, maybe you should find another shop that is willing to go the extra step.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2004H2
Nice Truck, thanks for the picture....Do you tires hum badly, i wanted a more agressive tire but also like to hear the Radio, i have BFG KO on it now (stock) with hardly any noise, more wind noise with light bar than anything else at 75-80 MPH.......
Thanks. No problem. They were quieter than the OEM BFG's when they were brand new. But the more mileage I put on them, the louder they got.

Originally Posted by 2004H2
Hows the Tire ware on your goodyear MT/R s, i avarge about 45,000 miles on these and get new ones at 6/32s tread life,to be safe....

Thank you......Rick
I have run the original (pre-kevlar) MT/R's on a variety of trucks over the years. By far, they were my favorite off road tire. The last set I only got 59,000 out of them. On a previous lifted CC Chevy w/35" MT/R's, I got 72,000 out of them, but that was rotate every 3K, check air every week, etc. Sounds silly, but interstate driving (on concrete slabs) kills off road tire life. The crew cab never hit the interstates, but the Hummer's get some serious mileage on the odometer.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rooster
Nice lookin' truck. Thanks for the preview of what mine "wants" to look like. BTW, is that a stock brush guard with the top rail cut off?

As for tires, I really plan on going with 37's. So thanks for the thread!
Thanks for the compliments.

The brush guard is the factory single tier, made without the extra top rail. Most H2's had the double tier installed, which is why I have run the single tier on all my H2's. I like the look, it's a similar look to the OEM H1 guard, and I like that I'm the only one around home running it.

I would run an original SMA guard if I could find one, but ....