PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

35's are now Rubbing- What's up with that?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Default RE: 35's are now Rubbing- What's up with that?

ORIGINAL: StarsnBars

With your leveling kit you should be allright. I only get slight rub at full right lock of steering. Your kit probably raised the front more than my 2 -1/2 turn t- bar adjustment. Im not trying to talk you into anything, just saying what I did. Oh yeah, my shock upgrade was one of the best investments Ive made to my truck. Good luck,,
I'm not understanding you, because even with my leveling kit I have rubbing both on the L and R sides at full turn. If I have the dealership crank up the T-bars a little when I get my alignment done on Tuesday, will this alleviate the situation?

Old 04-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Whats your tire size. Mine are 315/75/16.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:58 PM

This problem is very easy to fix. I had it on my ZR2 Blazer when I got 32" tires, it is not nearly as bad on my H3 with 35's. Mine only rubs at full lock turning left (On the sway bar like yours) It doesn't really bother me because the turning of the H3 is so tight I rarely need to crank it all the way. However on my Blazer it was a real problem, rubbed on both sides and the turning was not as good as the H3 so I was rubbing the bars quite often.

The solution was to take the Blazer to my local muffler shop and had the guys weld a small piece of metal to the turning stops either on the nuckle or lower A arm, and the problem was solved, and the shopped didn't even want to charge me. Turning circle was not noticeably different, but there was no more rubbing!!

Old 04-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Maybe your Mickey"s are alittle wider than my Pro Comp'S ?

Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 PM

You should be all set with the leveling kit with the new keys you can not go any higher.The shocks should be ok too because your kit came with the 2in adapter for the shocks.My tires rub on tight turns my dealer notice it and told me not to worry about it.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

You should be all set with the leveling kit with the new keys you can not go any higher.The shocks should be ok too because your kit came with the 2in adapter for the shocks.My tires rub on tight turns my dealer notice it and told me not to worry about it.
Now that I've been driving around with it for a few days, I'm realizing that it really isn't an issue at all. I guess in the back of my mind I just like to know that everything is set up perfectly with no caveats - it is livable. I still cannot get over how kewl it looks. I went to ShopRite for my wife today - parked in the last 2 spots as always (yeah, I'm one of those guys who takes up 2 spots at the end of the lot)- and had to just stand and admire my truck from 100feetaway. I really do love my H3

Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM

I've got the stock 33's from the adv pkg and I just added 3.5 more turns to my T-Bars (started with 3..added a winch so it squatted it back down so I'm technically at 6 turnsnow but itmeasures around1.25" front lift over stock) and I noticed that on full over, I even get some rubbing on flat ground sometimes. I havent gone out to see what its rubbing but I can hear it.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Now that I've been driving around with it for a few days, I'm realizing that it really isn't an issue at all. I guess in the back of my mind I just like to know that everything is set up perfectly with no caveats - it is livable. I still cannot get over how kewl it looks. I went to ShopRite for my wife today - parked in the last 2 spots as always (yeah, I'm one of those guys who takes up 2 spots at the end of the lot)- and had to just stand and admire my truck from 100feetaway. I really do love my H3
The tires do make a big differance and your not the only one that parks far away i tell them it good excercise