PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

33's or 35's??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Default 33's or 35's??

I was going to put 305/55/20 Nitto Dune grapplers(I live in the desert) with black rockstars and those tires come out to 33.2 in height! People tell me to get the 35's instead! Any advice what to do? Thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM

35's will give you more ground clearance than the 33's (about 1" extra I believe).

Depending on who you ask the 35's will rub on the sway bar on full steering lock... some say slight rub on rear fender liner... some say no rub at all.

35's will slightly throw your speedometer off and your accumulated mileage on the odometer will not be accurate (from a recent question I asked in another thread apparently you'll accumulate less mileage on the odo.)

The 33's were a factory option, so you're not gunna hurt / void anything.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Cool thanks for the info! Visually though do the 35's look that much better or will the 305's look sweet too!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM

OK here is my complete opinion on everything you said and asked. Don't take it personally.
First off for tire size, I think this depends on what your plans are for off roading. If you are mostly driving in sand and are not really needing the extra ground clearance, then the 33's should be fine. Keep in mind that a 305 tire is going to be wider than the stock 285's about an inch so it will look better for sure. Also, you have to think about how much rubber you want between your wheels and the road/sand/whatever. If you plan on running 20" wheels and a 305 tire, you are not leaving much rubber there and forget about going anywhere except the road or sand. 35's will help a bit in this area. I think if you are going to go with a wheel that big, I would go with 35's, more rubber, more clearance and it will look better.
I am not a fan of the big wheel/low pro tire combo. I just don't think it should be done on vehicles that are clearly made for off roading. I also think you could find something way nicer than the dune grappler (flames on your tires...) rockstar wheel combo, sorry but it just screams "dude bro". That being said I know it is your truck and I am only stating my opinion because you asked about how it would look.

good luck with whatever you decide on.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
OK here is my complete opinion on everything you said and asked. Don't take it personally.
First off for tire size, I think this depends on what your plans are for off roading. If you are mostly driving in sand and are not really needing the extra ground clearance, then the 33's should be fine. Keep in mind that a 305 tire is going to be wider than the stock 285's about an inch so it will look better for sure. Also, you have to think about how much rubber you want between your wheels and the road/sand/whatever. If you plan on running 20" wheels and a 305 tire, you are not leaving much rubber there and forget about going anywhere except the road or sand. 35's will help a bit in this area. I think if you are going to go with a wheel that big, I would go with 35's, more rubber, more clearance and it will look better.
I am not a fan of the big wheel/low pro tire combo. I just don't think it should be done on vehicles that are clearly made for off roading. I also think you could find something way nicer than the dune grappler (flames on your tires...) rockstar wheel combo, sorry but it just screams "dude bro". That being said I know it is your truck and I am only stating my opinion because you asked about how it would look.

good luck with whatever you decide on.
Cool post, Thanks for the info! What do you mean when you said that combo will scream "dude bro"? Will it look really bad?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 PM

I also think you could find something way nicer than the dune grappler (flames on your tires...) rockstar wheel combo, sorry but it just screams "dude bro".
Would the Terra Grapplers look better by any chance?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 PM

Haha well whether it looks bad or not is strictly a matter of opinion/preference. If you like the look go for it, I just think the rock star wheels are over done and wrapping them in flames is just a little much.

Urban dictionary "dude bro"

White suburban male, usually 16-25 years of age, hailing mostly from Orange County, CA and surrounding areas. Characterized by their love for rolling around in lifted (extreme) trucks and their over use of bandanas, black socks with shorts, spikey hair, belts with queer designs and belt buckels, SPY sunglasses, and trucker hats. Favorite bands include Kottonmouth Kings and Kingspade. The most annoying members of the dude bro family are from the 951 and 909 area codes of the Inland Empire of Southern California... but more toned down (and slightly more queer) versions can be found in Orange County (714). Favorite drinks include Budweiser and Bud Light. Catch phrases include: "DUUUUDE!!" and "Bra (Bro)." Dude Bro's seldom roam alone and can usually be found in packs of 5-10 people. Favorite sports include riding dirtbikes and monster truck rallys. Dude bros display a complete lack of originality and can quickly get on one's nerves.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM

a "dude bro" would have 20" wheels with extremely aggressive newly shined tires on his H3. He'd have monitors in the head rest and a custom installed sub in the back. Leather seats and navigation of course would be included...

ALL WHILE having a SNORKEL!!

I would love to see a douche like that wade through water mid way up his windshield and ruin the $10,000 worth of electronics on the inside

Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Manons75
a "dude bro" would have 20" wheels with extremely aggressive newly shined tires on his H3. He'd have monitors in the head rest and a custom installed sub in the back. Leather seats and navigation of course would be included...

ALL WHILE having a SNORKEL!!

I would love to see a douche like that wade through water mid way up his windshield and ruin the $10,000 worth of electronics on the inside

LOL all while having his "stunna shades" on.