PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

315's and stock rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by BudClydes
when i get my 3t im leveling and actually putting the same tires(315 duratracs) and putting a fifth wheel on it and supercharging it...when i load up the fifth wheel trailer and 2 draft horses totaling about 6000lbs with that be considered a heavy load that would blow the tires?
I don't know...give it a try and report back to us. Don't forget after pics!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Stavros1011
A few days ago I made a trip to Americas tire and had a guy price out 4 Goodyear Duratrac tires in 285. I initially told him I wanted 315's but he stated they wouldn't work and that there'd be a high chance is I was doing some serious off roading the tire could come off. Is this the truth or a bunch of bull****? My appointment to install the 285's is on Saturday, any input is appreciated. Thank you.

-Vito
Check out my videos on youtube I have one on there when I first got my 315-75-16 KM2/s and some wheeling them... no problems....and they LOOK GOOD

http://www.youtube.com/user/TINKED9#p/u/4/KZbIzSTMotQ

Last edited by TINKED; 10-24-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 PM

Funny you should mention your setup Tinked, cause I had been checking out your videos for a while now. I was in love with KM2's, but reading reviews and what not led me towards the Dura Tracs cause the KM2's for some odd reason had horrible Snow reviews. Weird, I know.

So I called the guys back and asked if they would just order the 315's for me.. and they said they would sell them to me but not install them. Lovely huh..

Old 10-28-2009, 11:08 PM

I have 315 dura tracs and they are amazing so far! I too was looking at the KM2's but was unsure about handling in the winter as I see lots of snow, slush, rainy roads. No snow yet, but in the torrential rains they handle great!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Stavros1011
Funny you should mention your setup Tinked, cause I had been checking out your videos for a while now. I was in love with KM2's, but reading reviews and what not led me towards the Dura Tracs cause the KM2's for some odd reason had horrible Snow reviews. Weird, I know.

So I called the guys back and asked if they would just order the 315's for me.. and they said they would sell them to me but not install them. Lovely huh..
Don't sweat that they wont install them, find a local garage, get buddy buddy with them and they'll do it, heck buy everyone coffee and you'll probably save money. I actually stopped and talked to the guys that work at BJs wholesale club tire dept. and they install/ rotate/balance everything for me for free now

Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
I have 315 dura tracs and they are amazing so far! I too was looking at the KM2's but was unsure about handling in the winter as I see lots of snow, slush, rainy roads. No snow yet, but in the torrential rains they handle great!
Hey thanks for the heads up on the Dura Tracs! I have heard nothing but great things about them. I live in Southern California, so I'm not going to have too much of the same action you have. But I hated having to throw chains on when the weather turned really bad when driving up to Lake Tahoe. I'm buying the Dura tracs more so for the winter season, seeing as I'm on the mountain pretty much every weekend. But it wont hurt to have them for the rain, or sand when I decide to go to Pismo Beach sometime next year.

What do you like the most about them?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM

So no issues mounting the 315's Dura's to the stock rims?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM

No issues at all mounting 315's on stock wheels.

The Dura Tracs are for one a pretty cool looking tire. I was not so sure when I saw pictures of them, but once I saw them in front of me I was sold. I just think they are a great compromise between an aggressive MT and an AT. I wanted to go with an MT tire but like I stated before I was worried about wet/snow road handling. This tire has a very gnarly tread but has a ton of siping which is key as well as they are pinned for studs if you need them. They also have tread in between the lugs themselves (Goodyear calls it TractiveGroove Technology) and I am interested to see how this works.
I have run BFG AT's many times and have been very happy with that tire over the years. These handle just as good in rain, will be way better in mud and deep snow and they look 100X better.
Not sure about tire wear yet, but will keep you posted.
One more thing, I have read reviews where people claim they are quieter or as quiet as BFG AT's... wrong. They are very quiet for having an aggressive tread but they do have a mellow hum.
As