PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

30k Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Default RE: 30k Maintenance?

I am suprised they didnt tell you that changing the blinker fluid and muffler bearings was also recommended. [:-]
By the way what do they mean "perform battery service"? Wiggle the connectors to make sure they are tight?

ORIGINAL: SandT_H3

How much should the 30k service cost?

I went to my dealer today and they want 541 plus tax for the service. Here is the list of things they gave me.
Change oil and filter
Rotate & Balance tires
Multipoint inspection & lube chassis
Inspect Brake System
Replace wiper blades
Perform Battery Srevice
Perform cooling system flush
Replace PVC Valve
Inspect A/C System
Lube Body Components
Inspect Passenger Cabin Air Filter
Exterior wash and vacuum
Transmission Flush
Perform Engine Oil Service
Perform Fuel Conditioning Service

Now this is everything they tell me has to be done and then on top of it they recomend that I pay $12 for them to check the alignment and then if they feel it needs to be aligned then they will do that too for $80. Other sugested services but not mandatory are Rear diff service-$107 and front diff service-$57.

Has anybody had their 30k done yet and if so were the prices this high? I am thinking of trying other florida dealers as if I can save enough it may be worth driving to them for my service.

Stan

Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Probably do a load test and clean the connections.

ORIGINAL: Nekbyter

I am suprised they didnt tell you that changing the blinker fluid and muffler bearings was also recommended. [:-]
By the way what do they mean "perform battery service"? Wiggle the connectors to make sure they are tight?

ORIGINAL: SandT_H3

How much should the 30k service cost?

I went to my dealer today and they want 541 plus tax for the service. Here is the list of things they gave me.
Change oil and filter
Rotate & Balance tires
Multipoint inspection & lube chassis
Inspect Brake System
Replace wiper blades
Perform Battery Srevice
Perform cooling system flush
Replace PVC Valve
Inspect A/C System
Lube Body Components
Inspect Passenger Cabin Air Filter
Exterior wash and vacuum
Transmission Flush
Perform Engine Oil Service
Perform Fuel Conditioning Service

Now this is everything they tell me has to be done and then on top of it they recomend that I pay $12 for them to check the alignment and then if they feel it needs to be aligned then they will do that too for $80. Other sugested services but not mandatory are Rear diff service-$107 and front diff service-$57.

Has anybody had their 30k done yet and if so were the prices this high? I am thinking of trying other florida dealers as if I can save enough it may be worth driving to them for my service.

Stan

Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 AM

Did my 30,000 last month at Rippy Hummer in Wilmington NC. Charged $ 186.00 and that included oil and filter. Thatalso included the new gas filter.I had a new K&N as they said that would have had to been repleced but didnt. Awesome service and awesome guys!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Notice many items on the are "check", "inspect" etc. In other words, no real work. Look at the individual items and get them done on your own: Oil change (regular) $25; tire rotation- free; wiper blades-$15, cooling system flush-$50 (I think); Wash and vacuum-$12; fuel conditioning service- $5 bottle from Pep Boys. That's about $107. Send me $200 for the advice and you'd still save over $200.

I'm not a big fan of 30K etc services unless they fall into the $ range that Gunz paid. I think the last time I paid for one was 1989 and I still feel like I was ripped off. Just do the things on your own and then you, your truck and your warranty are covered.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:47 AM

Alrock is right. I was and am nervous that I bought my H3 and it was one of those certified deals. I was told that I needed to maintian and do all services. Like Alrock says I did much of the 30000 mile service myself.I just wanted the documentation that it was done. Even oil changes I do myself I have a huge log book that I document it in and save the receipt. Every nut or bolt that I put on the vehicle. To include anything I do myself so that way I thinkGM could never say that I didnt remain current? Not sure if I have to but just in case. Again the dealer told me everything mentioned above. I already have done almost all of it anyways!Again I even log n my toire rotations and wiper blades. Even if its the shop fee receipt I get to use the bay to rotate and balance the tires myself. Good Luck

Old 12-23-2008, 11:35 AM

Sorry for the thread hikack, but im wondering if anyone know the H3 transmission filter part# ??!!

Thanks in advance

Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Actually when you think about it $541 is not that bad for the servicing on the list, mind you there are no fittings on the chassis so there is no lubing required (has to be a generic list)but all in all thats a big list for $541 keeping in mind that it is a deaership and you'll be getting OEM parts and labour, did I mention thatI work at GM. haha

Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

DOn't you guys agree that flushes are a a rip off? Many of the car magazines that I have say to never let the dealer flush anything. What do you guys think?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Emans H3

DOn't you guys agree that flushes are a a rip off? Many of the car magazines that I have say to never let the dealer flush anything. What do you guys think?
Great just after I got a Power steering flush because it was "really needed". They also said I need a brake flush or the peddle will become mushy. Thoughts?