PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

22'S WITH 325/50 TERRA GRAPPLERS. WILL THEY FIT? HOPE SO! PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Default RE: 22'S WITH 325/50 TERRA GRAPPLERS. WILL THEY FIT? HOPE SO! PICS INSIDE

With regards to the last 3 posts............

I turned the the t-bars 3 full turns and then got an alignment. Yes, I took it out for a 5 minute drive to test things out and I'm pretty pleased. Rides just about the same as the stock tires/wheels and didn't notice a whole lot of increased breaking distance due to the bigger/heavier wheels. Slight difference, but nothing major. It doesn't seem to have as much body roll as it did with the stockers when making tight quick turns in the neighborhood and it feels a little stiffer when hopping up and down the curb to get in/out of my driveway. Again, nothing major, just slight differences that I noticed.

I've never been a fan of huge rims with small sidewall / performance car tire style tread tires either. That's why I went with the biggest sidewall I could fit while still using the 22" rim. Using an agressive looking tread / all terrain tire helps with the look to and still gives it a big, mean and meaty offroad look. I wanted a little bit of both with the look.....BIG A** rims with BIG A** tires. Plus the fact that a buddy of mine has 20's (like a lot of people with aftermarket wheels on their H3) and I had to be able to roll up next to him and say, "Awww, those little 20's on your H3 look cute dude". Hahahaaa. I've been told by another friend that I should refer to my H3 as the "HUMBLER" when I'm around him. Just joking though....all in good fun.

H3Tiger....congrats on your new purchase! Keep reading these forums, tons of info and cool people to help you out with anything you'd need regarding H3 info. Good luck on your wheel shopping. Shop around.....there's a decent amount of mark-up on custom wheels/tires and if you find the right vendor, you can save big bucks. I would highly suggest talking to Bill at bigwheels.net he can work up a great deal for you if you find your best price and then call him with it and let him have a chance to quote you the same package. I've got a crappy pic that sort of shows that the wheels really don't stick out a whole lot or give it the bow-legged look. (I was careful not to have that issue by doing my research and getting the right offset +35 which is very close to the stock offset) Thus, the rim is sitting very close to where the stock rims sit when mounted up. The only flaring you see of the tires/wheels outside of the fender wells is due to the extra width of these rims/tires over the stock rims/tires....They aren't flared out because of an offset issue. The stock tires were 275's (10.8" wide) and these are 325's (12.8" wide) So with the same (close) offset as stock, that means that the new wheels/tires are about an inch wider on both the front and the back of the overall measurement. Here's that picture.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Default RE: 22'S WITH 325/50 TERRA GRAPPLERS. WILL THEY FIT? HOPE SO! PICS INSIDE

Truck looks great..... Awesome look with the black rim inset against the boulder gray. I'm also glad you ended up with the right off-set/back spacing combo to keep from having a rubbing issue. I know when I was shopping for wheels that was the problem that troubled me most. Afraid that they wouldn't fit, or something would rub somewhere.
Enjoy all the extra attention your H3 will be getting!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Very different and unigue!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM

a few pics...out of the garage and into daylight. not as good as I hoped for, but it's 18 degrees outside and I was in a hurry!
oh yeah, don't worry....I'm not going to roll like a baller on a budget either without the rear spare tire to match. It's on backorder
and will be here in a few days. I'll admit it looks silly right now with the stock rim on there......hang tight....it's on the way!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Looks Tight. Looks a lot like my ride.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 PM

Where did you get the flares. I have 305/55/20's with a 4" rancho lift. I had to add 1" spacers to the wheels to avoid any rubbing. I plan on putting bigger tires when these wear out but would really like to add the flares.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:20 PM

Do you have a really high offset on your wheels? (more than +35) Did you crank your t-bars to raise your front end a little? The reason I ask is because if I'm rolling on 35" tall tires, only raised my front end up by about 1-1/4 inches and I'm not rubbing, I don't see how you had to add 1" spacers.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: WOLFGANGSTA

H3Tiger....congrats on your new purchase! Keep reading these forums, tons of info and cool people to help you out with anything you'd need regarding H3 info. Good luck on your wheel shopping. Shop around.....there's a decent amount of mark-up on custom wheels/tires and if you find the right vendor, you can save big bucks. I would highly suggest talking to Bill at bigwheels.net he can work up a great deal for you if you find your best price and then call him with it and let him have a chance to quote you the same package. I've got a crappy pic that sort of shows that the wheels really don't stick out a whole lot or give it the bow-legged look. (I was careful not to have that issue by doing my research and getting the right offset +35 which is very close to the stock offset) Thus, the rim is sitting very close to where the stock rims sit when mounted up. The only flaring you see of the tires/wheels outside of the fender wells is due to the extra width of these rims/tires over the stock rims/tires....They aren't flared out because of an offset issue. The stock tires were 275's (10.8" wide) and these are 325's (12.8" wide) So with the same (close) offset as stock, that means that the new wheels/tires are about an inch wider on both the front and the back of the overall measurement. Here's that picture.

Thanks for the info... I'll post some pics of mine when I decide what I'm going with and get 'em on. Thanks for the extra pics too.

Chris

Old 02-10-2007, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: WOLFGANGSTA

Looks SHARP!!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 PM

LOOKS GOOD WOLFIE, I LIKE THE WAY YOU RIDE!!!!!!![:@]

Quick Reply: 22'S WITH 325/50 TERRA GRAPPLERS. WILL THEY FIT? HOPE SO! PICS INSIDE