PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2008 H3 Review from a H2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Default RE: 2008 H3 Review from a H2 owner

I'm 5'9" and 178 lbs, I say this because I really think that your personal build makes a difference in what you like. I feel that the seats take some playing with, but once adjusted correctly are quite comfortable. I say this because my wife has "upgraded" seats and I really don't like them compared to mine. I feel this is in the adjustments. The engine power is fine for what it is, and once you play with that a little it only gets better. Will never run like an H2 though, just not setup for that, YET I do have to agree that for a "luxury" off road vehicle and the "status" Hummer has that I expected more creature comforts. But all is well for me with the way it is currently equiped. I have never had a problem with road grime on the door handles (had the same storm as you Eric, I live just North of Columbus). Do have to say that when snow is sitting on the roof and you go to open the door for the first time, you WILL have snow inside and on the door controls. Happened everytime. So far I feel for what I have encountered off-road that I can compare it to my old CJ7 (sorry Impy, I DID say for what I've encountered so far).
I do believe that the H3 was built to attract the lower money buyer, but was still built with the Hummer heritage in tack as much as possible. They are improving on the design, hence them coming out with the Alpha. While I personally bought the H3 because overall I just like it better, not because of the price. I feel that it is easier to manuver in the urban arena and it is also closer to design to the CJ's that I have expierence with (Size).I know this next statement may rub some "loyals" the wrong way, but I just think that it is the updated CJ. Sorry, really not trying to start up the "siblin rivilary" thing again. That's all that argument really is to me. IMO

BLUF: I love my H3 more than any vehicle that I have ever owned and will be another one when it's time.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 PM

When I got my H3 in 2006, at a cost of 55,000.00 (don't forget I'm in Canada, we always get screwed here) and also looked at an H2 at 85,000.00 I said to my self it was not worth the 30K difference for me, and at the same time man!!! for 30K the mods I could do on my H3
My buddy has an H2, the first year we went off roading together he would always bug me,get a H2, with all the mods I've done to my3, well guess who's bugging who now to get an H3, there arethings I can do because of the size and weight that my buddy can't do, with the mods I've done, I havea 32" fordingcapability, H2 would have to put a left kit and some really big tires to come close to the same fording, all this said, a bare bone stock H3, I agree,a fully loaded H3 like mine andless then 3,000.00 of mods, I disagree.....

Old 03-24-2008, 11:14 AM

with the mods I've done, I havea 32" fordingcapability
What mods have you done to get the extra 8" of fording ability?