PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2008 H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Default 2008 H3

Good Morning! Has anyone heard of this problem:

For no apparent reason the Hands Free Phone turn it's self on. Yesterday as I was driving it happened 4 times in row. I was no where near the button that turns it on.

Any info will help, thanks!

BFKF95

Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Default RE: 2008 H3

In the 2007 we have two buttons, one on the mirror and one on the lower left hand side of the dash.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Our 08 has both buttons also. Never had a problem with them though. At least not yet.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM

trip to the dealer....prolly have a faulty on/off button.

Or you got one the h3's that a GM assembly line worker died in and he's just trying to reach out to you through the on-star

Old 11-20-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

trip to the dealer....prolly have a faulty on/off button.

Or you got one the h3's that a GM assembly line worker died in and he's just trying to reach out to you through the on-star
Would that be "The Seventh Sense"? I hear dead people . . .
[/align]

Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bfkf95

Good Morning! Has anyone heard of this problem:

For no apparent reason the Hands Free Phone turn it's self on. Yesterday as I was driving it happened 4 times in row. I was no where near the button that turns it on.

Any info will help, thanks!

BFKF95
When it comes on, are you hearing"On Star ready" or are you hearing an On Startutorial of sorts?

Have you completed the setup process?

Mine warted the hell out of me till I completed the setup process on both my '06 and this new '07.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

I don't need no stinkin Onstar!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
I don't need no stinkin Onstar!
What is it that you don't like about OnStar...aside from the price?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Oooooh, a serious question? Seriously, I got a cell phone! I've driven probably a couple hundred thousand miles before cell phones/bag phoneand sure as **** never needed Ostar then. Since cell phones I probably have logged over 600K miles in a multitude of states, Canada, and Mexico, no need for it in any possible situation. I have never got hit and went lights out in a ravine with only a twinkie and breath mints to survive on until I was found bythe clean up squad type.
I got a brain, never locked my keys out of the car, and yes you can use a cell phone to unlock your doors from damn near anywhere even if you parked the brain at home when you pulled out of the driveway. I know where I am going, the Hummer has a friggin compass you know, and If in an area I'm not familiar with, I would have directions before I head that way, or looked at it on a map. I can find my Hummer in the mall parking lot.
I haveresponsibility for your own preparedness. I do not expect some half wit at Onstar to help me ever. Depending on exactly where you might be when Onstar is summoned, I hope most of you seriously are not expecting much help either. Think about it, you will be talking to a headset wearing person half way acrossed the country looking at a computer map, and on many occaisions they can't tell you what you do not know already. You are paying for what I call overlay, a "layer" of protection incase you need help. The FIRST LAYER IS YOU, YOURSELF! The second layer can be another motorist, a person on the other end of your cell phone locally etc... Eventually you get to Onstar sitting in an office in Detroit, looking at a map, ready to dial a number that you could have dialed by yourself on your own friggin cell phone (I know.....the BS it is stronger than a regular cell phone).
When I'm really old and wheelchair bound, I might need a second or third layer, til then I can take care of myself everywhere, everyday, all the time.
It's not about the stinkin subscription fee, it's about an attitude and willingness to take care of my businessw/o big brother and w/o clean up squads.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Well hell....Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel Doc..........

About all I use on it, are the diags and the phone. The diags are dubious at best,
but appeal to my inner geek....The phone however, does seem to get signal
when my regular handset won't. It's on a different carrier than my handset
and probably does better due to the external antenna and higher transmit
wattage. Because of my job and certain familial health concerns, it is very
important to me to be reachable no matter my location. Hence, my
continued patronage of On Star and AT&(friggin)T. For every thing else,
I just use a Mapsco and common sense....

Quick Reply: 2008 H3