PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2008 H2 vibration @ Low RPM

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Default 2008 H2 vibration @ Low RPM

I took the Hummer to have it safetied and got it back with a vibration when reversing or driving foward @ around 1000 rpm but goes away when speed increases.
The mechanic I took it to would seem not to like Hummers seeing all he talked about was if I had 2 jobs to pay for gas
I don't want to go ask him If by chance he forgot to put something back and the wheels fall off.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 AM

Are the wheel lug nuts tight? Take it back...

Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 PM

Yes they are tighten. I took all four tires off my self to scrub the back side of the rims and tires.
under the hummer there are 2 long rods one the left and one on the right side which starts from somewere around the drivers seat and runs towards the engine, each rod is held up by 1 bolts. the bolt on the drivers side looks like its longer than the other side. I'm tempted to tighten it but I dont want to throw any suspention calabrations off.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Look at the driveshaft to see if there are any marks on it. It's possible they could have bent it with a floor jack or lift.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Look at the driveshaft to see if there are any marks on it. It's possible they could have bent it with a floor jack or lift.

good point, I'll take a look... I also tried tightening some 18mm bolts under the hummer last night with no results.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 AM

I've had this vibration for over a year. It's only when I hit 40mph that I feel the vibration in the gas pedal. I had dealer check everything, front end, pitman arm, checked for placement of cables in engine to make sure they aren't leaning against something. Once I pass 40mph it goes away. I have no idea what it is but it is very annoying. I would love to find out what is causing this one day.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:56 PM

How about a bad tire?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci
I've had this vibration for over a year. It's only when I hit 40mph that I feel the vibration in the gas pedal. I had dealer check everything, front end, pitman arm, checked for placement of cables in engine to make sure they aren't leaning against something. Once I pass 40mph it goes away. I have no idea what it is but it is very annoying. I would love to find out what is causing this one day.

You should find a shop in your area with a Hunter Roadforce Wheel balancer those are really good and they should find the problem.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
You should find a shop in your area with a Hunter Roadforce Wheel balancer those are really good and they should find the problem.
It's not the tires in my case. When in reverse mainly, or in drive, foot on the brake pedal and the engine revs within 700 TO 1000 RPM. The vibration is in the dash and foot pedal and it is very annoying. The hummer Idles @ around 500 to 600 RPM with no vibration.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 AM

My last guess is drive shaft - good luck!

Quick Reply: 2008 H2 vibration @ Low RPM