PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2007 Hummer H3 Radio no longer gets SAT Band

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Default 2007 Hummer H3 Radio no longer gets SAT Band

Hey guys and gals,

I tried doing some digging around the forums for this particular problem and if I overlooked it I apologize, but I have a 2007 Hummer H3 and I've had Sirius/XM for quite sometime now. On my way home from work yesterday I was listening to the radio and received a phone call so I turned down the radio to talk. When I got done talking I turned back up the radio and noticed I was on FM.. I tried to cycle through my bands but could only get AM/FM/FM2.

This morning I removed the front panel and took a look at the radio to see if there was any loose connections.. as far as I could see going into the radio there was none..

1. Has anyone had this issue happen? and what did you do to fix it?

2. is there perhaps a connection somewhere else for the Sirius/XM antenna that I do not know about? Just a FYI my antenna is visually in good condition I do not see any wear/tear/damage

Any help is appreciated as I am in the military and will be leaving in a matter of a few months. I want to get this taken care of so my wife has no issues with the car

Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM

welcome to the forums and thanks for your service.....
were you paying for your XM subscription? if not, they may have finally realized it and disconnected you. other members have said that they had been getting it for free for a long time and then one day it just cuts off. others have had to pay for it all along. I dont think XM is on top of their game when it comes to who is subscribing. i rarely drive my truck and from time to time I notice XM works and other times it does not. in either case, you should call XM to find the solution.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by kauaineb
welcome to the forums and thanks for your service.....
were you paying for your XM subscription? if not, they may have finally realized it and disconnected you. other members have said that they had been getting it for free for a long time and then one day it just cuts off. others have had to pay for it all along. I dont think XM is on top of their game when it comes to who is subscribing. i rarely drive my truck and from time to time I notice XM works and other times it does not. in either case, you should call XM to find the solution.
Thank you very much and I should've probably done a little bit better of an intro haha. I have been a subscriber since I've had the vehicle and in fact I still pay. For what it's worth and if these two things are connected. My on star buttons on my rearviewmirror also stopped functioning at the same time. I do not believe it is a XM subscription issue. When I hit the band button I cannot even bring the band up for XM

Old 06-06-2012, 06:02 PM

2007 h3 also. when i bought my truck i had the xm receiver switched out with a serius receiver. that happens in my truck sometimes when i turn the radio off, do something, turn it back on, and satalite radio is gone. but with mine i think its a wire conection issue because all i do is turn it off again, switch bands around, play with it, and eventually ill get it back. so long story short, mine does the same thing, but its an intermintent problem. its always happened.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 PM

Try disconnecting the battery and touch the leads together. This may reset the system.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 AM

You could always upgrade the stereo! :-D Then you won't have any problems... lol

Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by MeBelovinMyH3
You could always upgrade the stereo! :-D Then you won't have any problems... lol
ROFL Funny you said that bud..I actually have one from Crutchfield on the way

Got a kenwood DDX419, got a decent deal on it and just split the difference on a new XM module

Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM

After trying all troubleshooting aside from opening the stupid radio up (which is a waste) I just decided it was more feasable and cost effective to buy a new one.. I was a bit upset to hear GM wanted to charge me almost 700 for a new stock deck.. so I went with the nice In dash DVD that I mentioned above